Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the holidays are over and Im working normal hours, I'll have the time to start wrenching again. The first thing is to finish installing my sliders. Also Im almost there($) to get my tires. What I would like to know is can I start installing my lift with putting on my ex-radius arms without the rest of my lift? Driving around as my daily? I dont think it should hurt anything.

Any input?

Thank you for your support:beer

·
Registered
469 Posts
ok gtrider said it, and from previous posts he deff knows his stuff...but i gotta admit i am skeptical....

...wouldnt that give you like 23181`4823 degrees of caster?

damn...let us know how it rides, i wanna do that!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i think it would change the castor as well you might start by drilling the new location and breaking loose the radius arm bolts and nuts and coat with anti sieze so when you install the new lift it would be easier....mike

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,784 Posts
I say just do the lift the whole lift at the same time. You will need to get TWO alignments and that is going to suck.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I say just do the lift the whole lift at the same time. You will need to get TWO alignments and that is going to suck.
That's why you get the LIFETIME alignment:thumbup I did this with the wife's Mustang, so if something changes (like tie rod ends this next summer) I can take it back in to Tires Plus and say "align it":rockon Too bad I was cheap when I got the Bronco done:doh0715:

·
Registered
469 Posts
this thread really got my attention cause it would be nice to have the benefit of extended radius arms while keeping the stock height-cause i like the stock height...

·
Registered
904 Posts
i dont think you would see a lot of extra flex out of just extended radius arms anyway...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the input. I will not be installing my radius arm till Im ready (tires) And all I was thinking was that it would one less thing to install when the time comes, that all.

Thanks again.:beer

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Good call. I don't think you'd see any real benefit. Plus you are just going to have to tear it all back down again to get the rest of the lift on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts