Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting putting the rear in last night and had a problem.

Cam with AAL and a block. Going to use this till I can buy pro comp full leafs.

How far should the u bolts be showing through the threads. Do you really only torque them 65-80 ?

the right side is pretty tight but the thread of the u bolts aren't even showing through the nuts. Sorry I forgot the camera:twak

You use the stock block too right?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I am pretty sure there should be some thread showing through the top of the nut. And with most kits yes, you reuse the stock block.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
are those the Ubolts that came with the kit?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are.

Shitty ones I might add. Some nuts wouldn't thread on some of the bolts. Guess you get what you pay for. One nut got cross threaded so have to get a replacement.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yes they are.

Shitty ones I might add. Some nuts wouldn't thread on some of the bolts. Guess you get what you pay for. One nut got cross threaded so have to get a replacement.
I returned my Rough Country or was it Tough Country lift for poor workmanship and ended up with Rancho for a couple hundred more and customer service was great when I needed them. You truly do get what you pay for. Hope the rest of the install goes smoothly :beer

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thats why I bought it in the first place. I have a spare nine inch and dana 44 both with 4.56 gears and a mini spool in the 9. I just won't have money for either cage, or superflex coils, or cage arms and money to rebuild the axles till next winter.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some pics...

We cut the coil off and used this

to get the lower coil retaining nut off.

Not a huge deal it probably won't even move until I get pro comp lift springs when I get paid. I just read another story on blocks failing so I want nothing to do with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts