Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two days after christmas I was headed home and a lady going the opposite way tried to turn left in front of me. I don't know if she didn't see me or what, but anyways hit the brakes but it was no use I was just before the crosswalk so I plowed into her doing 35-40mph. Glad I wasn't driving the bronco I would have killed her no joke, definetly her fault and she got a ticket for not yielding. So fast forward to now 2 1/2 weeks later I've only heard for her ins. company once when they called to get my statement. Since this is the first time I've had to deal with this anyone know how long it takes to get these things worked out and them to settle on my car so I can buy a new DD. The bronco has stepped in for driving duty now which has been comforting after wrecking my little car but 40+ mpg to 8-10 mpg makes for a big dent in the budget. Well thanx for your input. Till next time.
Slide

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Depends on the lady's insurance company. Some are pretty slow. I trust you've given them an estimate on damage to your car.

You might think about going to your company and settling under your collision coverage. Then they'll have the hassle, and added muscle, to deal with the other company. Then you can get your deductible back from your company after the settlement.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
hey rjohn where do you work? ive seen your bronco a few days at like 55th ave and glendale? i work at sanderson ford now and do alot of road tests in that area....we will have to go to lunch one day or something....

ok done with the thread high jack

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
Get her ins. co's customer service #, find out who the rep is in that area and contact him. There's no reason to not be "under repair" by now. If he doesn't act too swift,call the company and get his supervisor directly involved.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
wow. I'm surprized you aren't given a Rental. I know that both times ours was hit by others we recieved a rental...even though we had another car to use. Best of all it was paid for by the other insurance co. We did have to ask for one...but we got it within hours of asking.

Grams totalled her car just after Thanksgiving...she just got the check from the Insurance this MONDAY. not what I'd call fast.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the input guys. I only carried liabilty (sp) on the car it wasn't worth enough for full coverage, so my company is telling me to talk to them as far as compensation. The car is totalled I don't see them repairing it, my econo box at 40 against her mid size at she said 15, I lost big time. The day after I called her company to make sure she filed a claim and got it all started. I've talk to the rep a few times but its been excuses like waiting on the police report, trying to determine liabilty, have to talk to the witnesses. I asked them about a rental and they told me to get one and if she was at fault I would be remebursed. Loco over a month really, this is going to suck.

Dustin I work at chastain's auto service, 56th ave just south of glendale. When you want to grab lunch drop me a line (602) 472-5218

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
if you can refer to the police report, it should clearly state that she failed to yield. you are getting the yank job as far as the rental car goes. they should be paying that for you, not reimbursing you later. tell them if they don't pay for the rental right now, you'll be reporting them to the state insurance department. they don't like when you do that.

http://www.id.state.az.us/

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
BRONCFOOT said:
Get her ins. co's customer service #, find out who the rep is in that area and contact him. There's no reason to not be "under repair" by now. If he doesn't act too swift,call the company and get his supervisor directly involved.

Keep trying the above..I just had a similar prob..Persons insurance was out of state and it really didnt work out..Must be all the stories arent matchin so the insurance company is playing the waiting game..Why cause they can..

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Slide427 said:
The car is totalled I don't see them repairing it, my econo box at 40 against her mid size at she said 15, I lost big time.
Her policy was probably a standard family policy so it'll include "...loss of use thereof..." under her property damage coverage. You've lost the use of the econo car, so keep track of mileage and the difference in cost because of the added gas cost.

Slide427 said:
The day after I called her company to make sure she filed a claim and got it all started. I've talk to the rep a few times but its been excuses like waiting on the police report, trying to determine liabilty, have to talk to the witnesses.
Remind him that the lady got a ticket. 'Course, her company might be waiting for the outcome of that in court. Sounds like her company might be Allstate, GEICO or Progressive. They do things like that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
First thing monday call them and raise hell. Thier client hit you. She got the ticket. Tell them you will be calling a lawyer and get them to pay for it for holding out. Tell them to play their little games with people who want to play. Tell them you fully understand the longer it takes them to pay the less they think you will settle for. Shop for a car that was in the condition yours was. Give them the price you will take for your car. then ask them if they can recomend a doctor cause your neck has been bothering you. I'll bet they pick up speed on your claim.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Locating two or three similar replacement cars, and giving the claims adjuster the prices to compare to the repair (even if it's a total loss) of your econo car, is a good idea. Remind him that the cost of "...loss of use..." goes up daily while you drive your Bronco. Also, letting him know that you might retain a lawyer should help speed things up. But it's too late to claim any bodily injury. Beside, a "neck injury" is only credible to a claims adjuster when you're struck from behind. The bottom line is that you have to be satisfied with the settlement.

Here's a suggestion for you. When dealing with the claims adjuster, be polite but firm. Don't try reading the riot act to him. Remember that he's the one that will sign the check to you. He can delay things as long as he wants to if he gets pissed off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well We're finally getting somewhere, I called the rep again today and left a message. She called back a few hours later and said she talked to the witness today and her company is accepting liabilty for the accident :toothless . Finally I thought it would have been obvious but what ever, three weeks for them to figure out whos at fault, grr (baby vent), makes a guy wonder if their client told them something haywire or if their just slow. So tomorrow I get to call the adjuster get that setup and get a rental car :chili: no more 10mpg, hopefully the rest of this won't be so slow. Anyways thank you all for the advice and such. Marv its none of those mentioned but one I'd never heard of (no slandering yet) but everyone I've talked to sayed good things about them, we'll see if they can make up some of their lost ground. Well till next time
Slide

·
Registered
784 Posts
here in NY and im pretty sure everywhere else, its always the other persons fault if they make a left in front of you. you could be doing 60 in a 30 and it'd still be their fault. only thing better than that is getting rear ended. again, even if your on the highway and slam on ur brakes, its their fault.

you should pay out of ur pocket to fix ur car so its fixed asap and get a rental and send her company the bill.

i got pushed into a wall by some guy who didnt look before merging right, called the cops, went to the doctor, then the lawyer, and within about 8 weeks, we had an injury settlement. they also paid to have my 2001 caddy fixed. had to replace a 1/4 panel and paint the whole front and side of the car. pricey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts