Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got insurance on the BKO.

Background

I previously had My Honda Accord Station wagon, and my 89 gt Vert (Hanlde make sense now) on my insurance and it ran me $650 every 6 months for just 25/50/25 liability only on my and my GF (She drops my rate 22 and never a ticket or crash). Started thinking about adding thr BKO when I bought it (I don't drive it right now), said it would run another $275/ 6 months to add.

So I asked around, got travelers insurance for all three for $700/6 month:beer. Same coverage and everything.

Sorry for my rant, but finally being able to drive the BKO is making me happy. If the rates sound high remember I am 23, and have two speeding tickets for twice the posted speed:banghead. Have learned my lesson and no tickets in the last two years, but they still sting.:chili::chili::chili:

Sucks to spend all that for something I hope to never use, but glad I can drive the BKO (Legally) as of March 1st:thumbup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Yeah I still haven't added my truck to my insurance. I just don't drive it enough. I'm hoping once my new position kicks in at work I'll be making enough to put a new engine in or at least repair mine to the point that it doesn't leak oil. Then throw some new shoes on it and add it to my insurance and I'll be driving it every friggin weekend and all winter long.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In MD you have to have it insured or you can't get tags. And if you cancel the insurance you lose the tags.

·
Registered
904 Posts
hahahahaha try living in massachusetts you lucky sob. Im 19 with enough tickets that one more and my licesnse is revoked, but before that all that happened i was payin $2000 for BASIC coverage on my bronco.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
hahahahaha try living in massachusetts you lucky sob. Im 19 with enough tickets that one more and my licesnse is revoked, but before that all that happened i was payin $2000 for BASIC coverage on my bronco.
I would say that having that many tickets isn't the states fault at all... so I don't see why he is lucky for not living in Mass.?

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,558 Posts
I previously had My Honda Accord Station wagon, and my 89 gt Vert (Hanlde make sense now) on my insurance and it ran me $650 every 6 months for just 25/50/25 liability only

damn! i remember paying 2000.00 a year for 1 car when i was young, now paying 1200.00 for 4 cars, getting old isnt so bad :toothless

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
damn! i remember paying 2000.00 a year for 1 car when i was young, now paying 1200.00 for 4 cars, getting old isnt so bad :toothless
That's not bad...
I guess my insurance company liked me... at 16 years old, first starting to drive, I only paid $68 a month for insurance.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say that having that many tickets isn't the states fault at all... so I don't see why he is lucky for not living in Mass.?
Mass has this weird three company insurance thing that really restricts your choices, and thus competition (IIRC). I used to live in Boston, not long enough to have to get Mass insurance, but long enough to hear everyone who did bitch about it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
chambiec read what i said one more time. He is lucky because he is paying less for two cars than i paid for one before i had any infractions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts