Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So what does everyone pay for their insurance on their BKO, whats your deductble/ or is it liability, and what cond./year is it too...

I have a 78 BKO that I put in my dads name/insurance and he pays like 800/year and its liability only.(the reason for that was if I put it under me, who is 18 and male:rockon ,id have to pay bout 1500/year liability) For 100 more every 6 mo. we can have it insured for w/e the KBB/NADA price shows for it.

So let me know what you guys pay/if you think I should put the extra $100/6mo. into it.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I think it's like $35 a month. It's a 95 with liability only. If I totaled it they would probably tell me it was only worth $50 [email protected]

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
'89 Eddie Bauer with State Farm, $37.41 @ month.

$100/$300BI, $100PD, $5k Medical, $100 deductible ACV comprehensive, $500 deductible collision, towing, Uninsured and Underinsured same as BI/PD limits.

Discounts for multiple lines (homeowners), multiple vehicles (wife's 2002 Ford Windstar), and no accidents. So, for both vehicles and the homeowners, we pay $117.72 @ month.

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
I pay about $65 a month for liability only and my insurnace carrier (Nationwide) told me once I'm finished fixing her up even if I wanted to put full coverage on it they probably wouldn't approve it because it is too old mines a 78. I told them that is just bs, I put thousands into it and can't even gt it insured properly hell maybe I should have left it as it was when I first got it a rusted bucket of bolts :\

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I pay 111 a month for full coverage on my 94 Flareside F150. Should drop down below 100 here soon.

For 100 more every 6 months, I'd do the full coverage. That is, IF your vehicle is worth full coverage. My truck has only one little itty bitty spot of rust, otherwise its basically perfect. And that's not overstating it.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
Chevy_Stomper said:
I pay about $65 a month for liability only and my insurnace carrier (Nationwide) told me once I'm finished fixing her up even if I wanted to put full coverage on it they probably wouldn't approve it because it is too old mines a 78. I told them that is just bs, I put thousands into it and can't even gt it insured properly hell maybe I should have left it as it was when I first got it a rusted bucket of bolts :\
You could ask for "stated amount" coverage on comp and collision. With a big deductible on both coverages, and all your records of what you've done to it, you should be able to get the coverage. You'd have to negotiate just what is the "stated amount" though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marv said:
You could ask for "stated amount" coverage on comp and collision. With a big deductible on both coverages, and all your records of what you've done to it, you should be able to get the coverage. You'd have to negotiate just what is the "stated amount" though.
I tried to do that as well, but they said that the insuracne people will not do "stated value" unless its older than 1970, then its a "classic"... I was like wtf... but keep posting please, im think the 100 may be worth it since, im redoing the ext./paint...

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
$85 a month for liability only.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
There are two ways to insure vehicles. "Family" policies, and the basic (the same as commercial vehicles) policies. Some companies don't do "stated amount" on family policies. You can always do "stated amount" on the other. If your current company refuses the property coverage (comp and collision), you can always change companies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its insured un der his business policy, maybe Ill check it out to put it in her ins.. maybe idk..

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
I have State Farm (always done me good) and I pay $38.81 a month for full coverage with $100.00 deductable for my '79 Bronco. I pay $35.52 for my '77 F150 4x4 for full coverage with $100.00 deductable.

I was told that if you have a automobile appraiser do a value quote, then they will honor that as the insured value.

In 1982, I was in a major accident with my '76 4x4 that I just bought and they wanted to total it. I had a automobile salesman write a note to the insurance company that he knew what the condition of my truck was prior to the accident and that the truck would have sold on his lot for $4500.00, then the insurance company had to repair it since the quoted damage of $3800.00 was less then the (true) value of the truck.

I hope that made sense. Anyways, my insurance agent said that they will show the value of my truck (with any new or custom work/repairs) of whatever the auto appraiser said it was worth.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
I saved a bunch by calling Gieko

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
930 Posts
With Farmers I pay about $120 a month for full coverage ($200 deductable) on my 2005 Harley, full coverage ($500 deductable) on my 2005 Escape, and full coverage ($1000 deductable) on the 1995 Bronco. The high deductable on the Bronco was a bad idea as I found out last month :cry

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Yeah, only keep a high deductable if you have that much cash laying around just in case you do have an accident. If not, your not going to get it all repaired or it will take a long amount of time before repairs can be done.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PaulT said:
I saved a bunch by calling Gieko

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica
:slap at least spell it right :toothless GEICO (Goverment Employees Insurance Company, although they say they have nothing to do with the goverment :doh0715: )

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
I pay a little over $100 a month for:

Liability only on my Bronco.

Liability only on my firebird.

Full coverage on my bike since it still has a lien on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts