Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what happend i took some ideas from my 1998 civic and put them into my bronco, Now the 2 tubes for the air intake that connects to the sqaure filter i took out the square filter and attached 1 blox air cleaner with a velocity stack in it, there proven for more horsepower cause of better flowing then i had a Apc one from a civic i put on the other tube, it seems to run better seeing as pulling in more air is always better, i dont think i would get any heat sink, but i was reading on some civic intakes 2 air paths that travel to the same one but at different speeds creats a vortex which makes the air speed faster and denser. It seems to work. give me your thoughts ill include pictures tomorrow . It looks pretty bad ass

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Oh God.

I'm steppin' out for a minute.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also forgot to add its on a 351 in my 94 xlt the 2 cone filters remain in the stock location of where the old air box was i just took the top of the air box off, the one filter has a 3inch velocity stack inside. pictures will come tomorrow

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
also forgot to add its on a 351 in my 94 xlt the 2 cone filters remain in the stock location of where the old air box was i just took the top of the air box off, the one filter has a 3inch velocity stack inside. pictures will come tomorrow
It feels like Christmas Eve...:chili:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Oh God.

I'm steppin' out for a minute.....
I'm not too sure I can handle the dumbass factor of this thread either...

And on second thought... this thread reeks so badly of fail, if I ever read it again, I may inevitably be forced to buy a TB spacer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's a picture of my recently bought 94 bronco xlt with 5.8 351 paid 1000 for it, bodys rough but its meant for wheelin right its not a show car lol. but here's the pictures of what i did with some honda civic air filters

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Your engine thanks you for the hotter intake air.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
here's a picture of my recently bought 94 bronco xlt with 5.8 351 paid 1000 for it, bodys rough but its meant for wheelin right its not a show car lol. but here's the pictures of what i did with some honda civic air filters

I have never seen anything like that on a Bronco..

I admire creativity, but um.. Wow..

I have an idea. How about you take one of those, cut a hole in the hood, and stick it on the outside of the car? That's true RAM-AIR right there..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really dont think its pulling in very much hot air i left the bottom half of the stock intake box to direct cooler air, so its up in the air, maybe ill add a heat sheild to it, ive seen other trucks with k&n's way over to the side like that, but werent completely boxed in, but i dunno i just figured i had extra filters laying around and my other one was dirty so what the hell. sounds cool tho, gotta figure i come from driving a n/a 200hp civic ex what can i say

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I really dont think its pulling in very much hot air i left the bottom half of the stock intake box to direct cooler air, so its up in the air, maybe ill add a heat sheild to it, ive seen other trucks with k&n's way over to the side like that, but werent completely boxed in, but i dunno i just figured i had extra filters laying around and my other one was dirty so what the hell. sounds cool tho, gotta figure i come from driving a n/a 200hp civic ex what can i say
Yeah, all the ones you saw were pulling hot air too.

And 200HP? NO WAY:shocked

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yeah, if I were gonna do something like that I'd stick it down in front of the fan or something. Might cut off a little air to the engine block, but that would be pulling in cold air.

200hp Civic!? Impossible..

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
The stock air box is the coldest air you will get on these trucks. The 460 tube is a good upgrade.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Yeah that will not work. the air you are pulling in is nothing but hot air. you would have been better off spending the money on wrapping/insulating the inake parts and putting a good drop in filter.

like this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bet for the little bit of hot air it takes in im still pulling more air to make more hp, and i wanna leave the filter higher up so i dont hydrolock in the trails, and for my civic its a auto X car reving to 8200rpms and vtec is where its at. but i love muddin in this bronco

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Do you even know what you are talking about Roman....err dallas.

Do you know how hot a v8 gets compared to your civic? Comparing the two in performance is like comparing apples to oranges

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im gonna compair this to any motor with a carb set up they run the air filters right on top of the motor im sure that heat sinks more then this, ive drive around and the tubes dont heat up nore do the filters feel warm, you have to remmber there is always air flowing into the engine bay but who knows if its better or worse, its just different

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,006 Posts
You guys don't know what you are talking about.
My son's friend put a new high flow muffler on his civic and added 100hp.
He told me.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts