Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to FSB. I recently purchased a 91 bronco XLT 5.8.. The previous owners destroyed the original intake manifold by trying to drill out a broken bolt that secures the thermostat housing to the manifold. I acquired a used stock manifold that's in great shape as well as the fel pro 1250 gasket. My question is, when replacing the gasket do I use the block off squares for the exhaust crossover, or leave it open. How is it setup from the factory? Thanks in advance, Zach

·
Man of endless projects
9,289 Posts
its technically the same but its 'universal fit' meant for carb because it doesn't include the upper manifold gasket and designed to fit a few different engines. id use Felpro MS 94951. it include upper and lower manifold, throttlebody ,and IAC gaskets and its cheaper. or you can get an entire engine gasket kit for pretty cheap and it includes every gasket you will ever need

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's seems that gasket is for a 5.0 not 5.8 I have the 351. But my main question is whether or not the exhaust crossovers are supposed to be open or blocked?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
They can be blocked....

Do not use that gasket. The 1250 paper gasket WILL come apart and drip coolant into your lifter valley. Get the standard Fel-Pro replacement for your truck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noted. The standard replacement doesn't block off the crossover. However I'm pretty sure that the original gasket that I removed had them blocked off, however I can't remember definitively. So I'm just trying to figure out how it's supposed to be. Not how it can be

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine uses an an external tube that bolts to the upper intake manifold. So I can just leave the ports open?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been away from it for a few days. I'm not sure if the intake is cast there or not. If it was, obviously there would be no need to block it off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts