Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so does anyone know what year and engine would have the same intake manifold as an 86 5.0L? I wanted to purchase the K&N high flow intake and they make just about every year up until the 86 and just about every year after...

I looked at pictures of the 91 5.0L and it looks to be the same manifold set up and everything, just wondering if it would all work right.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You can save some $$ if you had done a little research here. Many have found the K&N only helps lighten their wallets. The best bang for the buck is a good quality paper filter and make sure the factory intake tube is still attached to the air box. Some have swapped in an air tube from an I6 or 7.5L F-series. Those tubes draw in air from next to the radiator. The 5.0/5.8L models draw air from on top of the radiator support. Both styles have their advantages.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got the I 6 out of a JY for 5 bucks, worth it. I wouln't cut the end off though, why risk water going in your intake in the rain or mudding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can save some $$ if you had done a little research here. Many have found the K&N only helps lighten their wallets. The best bang for the buck is a good quality paper filter and make sure the factory intake tube is still attached to the air box. Some have swapped in an air tube from an I6 or 7.5L F-series. Those tubes draw in air from next to the radiator. The 5.0/5.8L models draw air from on top of the radiator support. Both styles have their advantages.
Yep...Bought with the FPIK... Had some filter issues...The idiot that installed it crushed one side of it and its Burnt(?????) on that side too, so pretty worthless... Took it off and re-installed factory crap from JY and it runs...gues what.... EXACLTY the same... no noticable drop in power or fuel mileage (which SUCKS BIG TIME ANYWAY...I get like 6-9) so save the cash for sure....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts