1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
It sure is. I don't have a Rochester, but if it is a strait bore, yes as long as the throttle plates are the same size as the holes in the EGR plate. If it is a spread bore, no.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Looking at it a little closer, that is a stock Ford 4 BBL EGR spacer on top of the Edelbrock manafold. So if your Carter Qjet fits on an existing Ford EGR spacer plate it will fit that one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Seabronc and Davids78Bronco! Very hepful. Well the next question is can you still add an adapter plate on top of that EGR plate? Will that cause problems? At this point I'm thinking of just scrapping the EGR. I'm already not exactly emmissions friendly. Anybody got a non EGR Performer 400 you want to sell?

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
If you are scrapping the EGR then you would have to do something about the hole that doesn't show up in that picture. There is a hole for the Exhaust gasses on the right side of the manafold that feeds into the EGR plate. That would probably have to be done with a metal gasket to prevent burn thru. That area gets pretty hot. You might be able to stack an adapter on top of it but you may have height problems with the carb and air filter, solvable but still a bit of work. You probably would be better off finding a non-EGR manafold.

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
You can actually make a block off plate from a peice of sheet metal, or even 1/8" plate. is your Q jet regular electric choke???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts