Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
doyou want to trade fort a mustang intake?

·
Registered
566 Posts
No sh*t, I got a extra stock mustang intake too. Also have a TYPHOON upper intake manifold.

I'm told if ya did that swap that it wouldn't get enough air? But I dunno.

·
Registered
689 Posts
the truck intake is the same lower as the holly lower and thats made for big time hp...stang guys will use a truck lower and the holly upper (its cheaper then buying the whole thing from holly).....the stang intake is real restrictive but i guess it would give great low end power

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I think Fireguy has a mustang intake. Can't remember off the top of my head, but I've seen posts/pics about it.

I'd think with a mustang intake you're going to lose some low end torque.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,422 Posts
I have and so have a few others. If you have a 351 an Edelbrock or GT-40 intake will definitely be an improvement over stock. If you have a 302, just leave it alone it already flows good. Don't know about a stock Mustang intake but a Mustang style Edelbrock is a big improvement over the restrictive stock 351 truck intake. You will find alot on this if you search. there are some pics of my setup on my Supermotors page too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I ask this because I had a 96 F-150 with a 5.0L HO Mass Air and the engine was really weak.It was the same engine as in the stang.I was told by some 4x4 guys that the stock intake with the twin TB was flowing to much air for the engine and a way to fix that was to swap to a 5.0L stang intake with the smaller but longer runners with a single 60mm TB and that will give me torque in the lower end for street or off road...I just wondered if this was true.
I have a Cobra intake on a 5.8L roller truck engine that is in a stang that just rocks, and I have drivin my Dads f-150 with a 5.8L in it and it has alot of low end torque.......but the 5.0L or 302 just has nothing.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,819 Posts
46079bronco said:
the truck intake is the same lower as the holly lower and thats made for big time hp...stang guys will use a truck lower and the holly upper (its cheaper then buying the whole thing from holly).....the stang intake is real restrictive but i guess it would give great low end power

the holley upper will not fit the truck lower.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,422 Posts
86caprirs said:
Well I ask this because I had a 96 F-150 with a 5.0L HO Mass Air and the engine was really weak.It was the same engine as in the stang.I was told by some 4x4 guys that the stock intake with the twin TB was flowing to much air for the engine and a way to fix that was to swap to a 5.0L stang intake with the smaller but longer runners with a single 60mm TB and that will give me torque in the lower end for street or off road...I just wondered if this was true.
I have a Cobra intake on a 5.8L roller truck engine that is in a stang that just rocks, and I have drivin my Dads f-150 with a 5.8L in it and it has alot of low end torque.......but the 5.0L or 302 just has nothing.

Too much air :scratchhe . How about because the 302 is just under-powered for a big truck, it's not a Mustang. The truck 302 intake already flows good. If you want more power put in a cam and put on a free flowing exhaust. Does it really make much sense that putting on a smaller TB will make it run better? Or putting on an intake that's designed for a small car instead of the one designed for the truck?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,819 Posts
yes your right, had to do some research. not sure what i was thinking. :banghead

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
kemicalburns said:
yes your right, had to do some research. not sure what i was thinking. :banghead
You where thinking about those round ports on the 351w lower, they dont work with nothin. :toothless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts