Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Bronco XLT 4spd with OD 5.8L 351 4x4. Stock
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have an 89 351 5.8L. I’m wondering what would happen if I put an air intake on it without converting to MAF?

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,813 Posts
Anything before the throttle body would not bother the engine at all. Helps them breathe quite better than the air box. I have the K&N setup on my 94 and ghetto fabbed my 88.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,731 Posts
You are best off with the factory air inlet system. It is a true cold air intake, especially once you install the duct im sending you. Insulate it all and use a high flow air filter. That is proven to provide the best power and mpgs. Swapping to the 94 5.8 style of rubber tubes helps smooth flow because there isnt a spring inside them like the early ones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are best off with the factory air inlet system. It is a true cold air intake, especially once you install the duct im sending you. Insulate it all and use a high flow air filter. That is proven to provide the best power and mpgs. Swapping to the 94 5.8 style of rubber tubes helps smooth flow because there isnt a spring inside them like the early ones.
do you have a filter recommendation?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything before the throttle body would not bother the engine at all. Helps them breathe quite better than the air box. I have the K&N setup on my 94 and ghetto fabbed my 88.
You don’t have MAF conversion?

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,813 Posts
You don’t have MAF conversion?
Eventually but why bother if it’s all stock now? I’ve never even had the upper intake or valve covers off the 94 and it runs good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,731 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,384 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eventually but why bother if it’s all stock now? I’ve never even had the upper intake or valve covers off the 94 and it runs good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mine is all stock until I do something regarding air flow. She runs like a beast but needs interior help lol

·
Super Moderator
25,384 Posts
Darn. I can’t open that link. Seems like something I would like to read though!
Yo,
Supermotors has issue with very slow opening. SOS for past months. Try again periodically.
This site can’t be reached
www.supermotors.org’s server IP address could not be foun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts