Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what parts off a 351w(1987) will bolt to a 302(1985). i know the heads should, but what else, and what modifications would need to be done. i have a complete 351 (actualy its a 383 stroker) that does not run, and im curious what i could use off it for a 5.0.
also, i know dual exhaust is bad on a 5.0, but i have a complete straight pipe assembly from the 351 truck, would it be worth the time to put it on the 5.0, cuz the 5.0 needs a new exhaust

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
The heads from a 5.8L will NOT bolt right on. They use a 1/2-inch head bolt, whereas the 5.0L uses a 7/16-inch head bolt. Probably the only things you can use from the 5.8L are the rocker arms, timing cover, and water pump. Everything else is different, albeit slightly.

·
Registered
562 Posts
lack of back pressure? i searched it and i got stuff saying straight pipes were bad.
I don't know about that.

Headers and a 2-1 exhaust will help any motor. Anything you can do to help the motor breath better (intake and exhaust side) will increase power and mileage.

Yes, straight pipes would be bad, but a set of duals with an "X" pipe would be the best setup. Or like I said a good 2-1 to help scavaging of the spent exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts