Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this question has been asked and answered but I cannot find the specific answer im looking for. I have a 78 bronco just picked up for $350 and its rough but I love this year bronco... I have an opportunity to pick up a 77 F250 with a 460 and a good front clip and am wondering if the front clip and doors will fit on the bronco?

what it looked like when I bought it.

[/URL][/IMG]

$40 top and $150 35x12.5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on thanks for the quick answers. While we're on the subject from what I've read some say the 460 swap requires l&l mounts others say factory mounts and others say cut both sets in half and weld them together solid mount, engine side of 460 to bronco side . What's your guys opinion who have done this swap themselves.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bought west coast bronco extreme duty motor mount from a member here.
Are you gonna use the 1977 grille from the 250?
Marc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was planning on it my grills all busted up. I'm not going to build a show bronco but if the parts interchange and it doesn't cost anything but time I'll swap out the beat up parts and panels.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I'd use the extreme duty mounts because it's a simple bolt on process. Also, unless the 77 is a 4x4 you'll want a different alt. and ps. mount. The stock ones from a 4x2 push the ps. pump down to where it will hit the steering box and the alt. mounts locate the alt very low where it will hit the frame and be exposed to a lot of road debris that splashes up. I used the L&L mounts for these. It wasn't cheap, but it sure looks nice.
Swamp

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Use a set of swap motor mounts to put in the 460. Front clip is a direct bolt on swap. Also hang onto that front push bar, they are getting extremely rare.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Ranger, I'm curious as to why his pushbar is rare? Isn't that an aftermarket one? Or is it just because it fits the 78-79?
Swamp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the information guys I'll look into getting some west coast mounts seems I've heard that before. I don't know anything about the bumper sept the po welded it on so its here to stay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts