Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been a lifelong Ford owner, current vehicle being a 17 focus ST. I've ordered a 21 Big Bend 2.7L, due to arrive June. I know some stock parts such as intake, intercooler, piping and exhaust from Ford, not to mention the battery, are typically low quality, leaving lots of room for improvement. My question is for anyone, would those parts for the most part be interchangeable with F150 upgrades with the same engine? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
So, I've been a lifelong Ford owner, current vehicle being a 17 focus ST. I've ordered a 21 Big Bend 2.7L, due to arrive June. I know some stock parts such as intake, intercooler, piping and exhaust from Ford, not to mention the battery, are typically low quality, leaving lots of room for improvement. My question is for anyone, would those parts for the most part be interchangeable with F150 upgrades with the same engine? Thanks for all your help.
The new Bronco is either a Ranger or an Escape... nothing from a full-size will fit/work

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new Bronco is either a Ranger or an Escape... nothing from a full-size will fit/work
The Bronco Sport is built off the Escape chassis and engine platform, not the full-size. 2.7L Ecoboost F150 engine platform and full size bronco platforms are identical, so it would make sense things like the intercooler, piping and intake would be as well.

·
Super Moderator
28,821 Posts
Yo MrRoss1982,
Welcome!
For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Discuss the 2021+ Bronco Here or Ford Bronco Sport Discussions. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Classified Sections that requires 50 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.
save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example: How to Create Signature, How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

➡Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winners; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Al

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The Bronco Sport is built off the Escape chassis and engine platform, not the full-size. 2.7L Ecoboost F150 engine platform and full size bronco platforms are identical, so it would make sense things like the intercooler, piping and intake would be as well.
I don’t know where you got your information... but the “Big Bronco” is based off of the 2019 Ranger platform, not the F150. It isn’t an FSB. You might head over to G6Bronco because here we all drive FSBs (1978-1996).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts