Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

interested in 92-96 york mounts on ALT side?

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  plug ugly 
#1 ·
Guys,
Im pulling my york and mount out to make way for a battery swap. while its out, i was thinking I could make some replica york mounts like mine if there was some interest. not sure what i would want to make them (havent checked metal prices) but was curious if there were people interested in them.

Here is a pick of mine

See less See more
#10 ·
2 questions...
What price do you think they would be?......

My second question has to do with the belt for that set-up. If I can find a York that uses the wider belt instead of the skinny belt...would the bracket still line up with the rest of the engine pulleys?

(forgive my dumb sounding question...but I honestly don't know the different belt names):toothless ...I have a 95 bronco with the wider belt that has several grooves in it "VVVVV" and ideally I would love to get a longer one of those with a York set up on the Alternator side so that I wouldn't need any Extra pulleys to try and feed a skinny belt onto. Would a set up like that EVEN work?

#14 ·
Nice mushroomed washer :goodfinge

BroncoAZ copied some of the Sabreforce design (ie not for the side bolt alts) awhile back for me and Shawn..........he said if he had to do it over he'd hire out laser time 'cause making them by hand sucked........and I believe him.

I dont' know a lot about your design, but cutting those slots looks like no fun, and if you get 'em too big you mushroom washers LOL

I did slots w my plasma for my homebrew engine stand, but the setup takes long enough that I wouldnt' want to do it on a production basis. altho if you took the time initially to make a template that you just trace inside of it wouldn't be sooo bad.

I, too, cut one too wide and now have mushroomed washers. Not a big deal but one reason I've never really wanted to sell my fab - it's not up to the tolerances of the pros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.