Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so as you may recall my bronco LOVES to fight me every step of the way. well i am at the finishing stages of this motor swap. before i can legally drive it (Military Police already warned me) i have to get the exhaust done.

well me being set in my ways i wanted to do the homemade y-pipe (dual 2 1/2" into single 3") with my long tube headers.so i got all the j-pipes and a piece of straight pipe, the flowmaster collector, the aero turbine 3030 muffler and the magnaflow 3" tailpipe. well to scrimp a little on money and since i wasnt running smog equipment i decided to forgo a cat.

well i get the whole exhaust mocked up and now no shops will touch my truck to do the welding since it doesnt have a cat.

a buddy of mine builds custom vettes and travels the country doing it has a 2 1/2" high flow cat off of his vette he said is mine for free if i want it.

now will this cat choke my exhaust that much that would be noticeable, or should i just say f**k it and cough up the money for a 3" cat?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
No it wont. if it is a high flow cat you can probably see right through it.

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent seen these cats in person but they are i think they are OEM, but they were labeled high flow converters??? i dunno he is the vette expert not me. he was running these untill he hit 700rwhp. then stepped it up to 3" from the headers back

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but what im afraid of is all the gas is gonna go through one 2.5" cat vs on the corvette he had 1 on each pipe so it was only flowing half of the motors gases

1 - 5 of 5 Posts