Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the past two days off and finally decided to clean out my fridge. One of the many severly rancid discoveries was a half-eaten bowl of Kraft Macaroni N Cheese that must've been incubating in a deep, dark corner of my "kitchen laboratory" for at least a year and a half. :duh

Well here was the suprise..... ya know that packet of powdered cheese that you mix with milk when you make it? Yeah :hump that putrid yellow dust stuff. Well after a year and a half the creamy, cheesy sauce actually returns to it's original state of putrid yellow dust!!! I mean EXACTLY back to the way I poured it out of that little packet a year and a half ago! I bet I could've rehydrated it with milk and ate it and wouldn't know the difference!
(well.. that is unless I used some of the milk I also found in there..... :uke: )

Who knew? :shrug

Just figured I'd share

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
That is f-n sick bro.

I am a super clean person, so that just gave me the "Heaba jeabas"

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Thanks for the info. You oughta write a thesis and send it to Kraft, who knows, maybe they'll sponser you for future lab experiments.

When food sits in my fridge for over 2 months, I don't even bother to look at it. I throw it away, container and all. The thought of looking at old food scares me, in fact, a good comparison would be seeing my grandmother naked.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
The Yak said:
The thought of looking at old food scares me, in fact, a good comparison would be seeing my grandmother naked.

come on man.... :wacko

we didn't all need to know that....

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
ValkariaKid said:
I bet I could've rehydrated it with milk and ate it and wouldn't know the difference!
oh, something tells me you'd know the difference...

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Dustin said:
how in the hell can you leave food in the fridge for a year and a half?

Its the Drugs.

·
Registered
893 Posts
ValkariaKid said:
So I had the past two days off and finally decided to clean out my fridge. One of the many severly rancid discoveries was a half-eaten bowl of Kraft Macaroni N Cheese that must've been incubating in a deep, dark corner of my "kitchen laboratory" for at least a year and a half. :duh

Well here was the suprise..... ya know that packet of powdered cheese that you mix with milk when you make it? Yeah :hump that putrid yellow dust stuff. Well after a year and a half the creamy, cheesy sauce actually returns to it's original state of putrid yellow dust!!! I mean EXACTLY back to the way I poured it out of that little packet a year and a half ago! I bet I could've rehydrated it with milk and ate it and wouldn't know the difference!
(well.. that is unless I used some of the milk I also found in there..... :uke: )

Who knew? :shrug

Just figured I'd share

cool, i'm gonna try it

·
Banned
470 Posts
I found an unopened 2 liter bottle of mountain dew in a cabinet in our basement that expired in 1995!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how in the hell can you leave food in the fridge for a year and a half?
Oh that's easy....

1-I live alone
2-I can't cook for shit
3-I work 2 jobs so I'm hardly ever home, and almost always eat out
4-I'm a slob :toothless
5-I don't really care what else is in my fridge just as long as the beer is cold
6-I have to take my trash to the dump, and I hate putting smelly trash bags in the back of my Bronco
7-I'm lazy
8-I have better things to do than worry about what's still in my fridge
9-I never leave anything in my fridge that will smell bad after a couple of days
(well.. there was this one time .... more on that below.... it's a funny story)
10-I might inadvertantly discover the cure for cancer in my fridge!

A few years ago when I still lived in NY my mom made me take home some leftover easter ham. She gave it to me in a corningware pot. I ate some of it, but after a few days I felt it wasn't safe to finish it off... so I left it.

Well X-mas came around, and my mom asked me to bring back her corningware because she needed it to cook X-mas dinner. I forgot that I still even had it. I found it in my fridge......with something that used to be ham, but sure didn't look like ham anymore!

X-mas day I wrapped the whole pot in saran wrap so it would be safe to transport to my mom's house without killing one from the deadly gas that would be emitted out if the top fell off durring the drive. I then snuck into my mom's kitchen, unwrapped it, and left it right on the counter. (she was upstairs getting dressed or something). I then resorted to the living room to play with my nephews.

My mom heard me come in (but was oblivious to my quick, ninja-like sprint to the kitchen) and rushed down to greet me. There was much merryment.

Here's a transcript to the event that unfolded just minutes later:

MOM: It's so good to see you!
Me: Yeah, and I even remembered to bring back your pot! (acting all proud)
MOM: Oh great! I need it for the stuffing, and I broke my other one I usually use.
ME: Well it's right on the counter! (hehehe)

***Mom walks into the kitchen***

MOM: (shreiking) "GODDAMNIT PAUL!!!" :shocked
Me: (grins and winks knowingly to my brothers :hump )

***Mom is then seen bolting out of the kitchen with the pot held out in front of her as far away from her face as humany possible, he head turned to one side, dry heaving, with a look of complete horror, and disgust I've never seen before right out the front door of her condo nearly tearing the storm door from it's hinges.****

Me: :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon
My brother: :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica
My other brother: :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica
My clueless little sister: :uhoh3 What happened?
My 7year old nephew: :wacko grandma's weird :wacko
My 3 year old nephew: (just continues playing :smash )

For the rest of the day my mom did this to me :slap

Ahhhh.... it was a x-mas to remember! :santa

:rockon

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah.... That day I got some turkey leftovers to take home...

...on a paper plate!

·
user title
2,211 Posts
That's a true to FSB story...only a Bronco lover...or a slob.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Damn dude... that's funny... :histerica :rebelflag :wacko :rockon :histerica

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
Interesting.. from powdered-liquid-powdered cheese, to Easter hams that get returned on Christmas...

I've got about 3 cases of pudding cups I got before I stopped driving my big truck. They've been in my fridge for over a year now... havent been opened, so they have to still be good, but I dont have the gonads to open one up to chow down, and I'd rather not throw it out if it is still good.

Damned catch-22....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts