Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips or cheap but good cleaning supplies that I can use to clean up my upholstery and the carpet like door panel material. I’m only 18 and I kinda used all the money I had on her so I don’t have much to spend but I want her to look nice.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,252 Posts
Lol... Yeah... The carpet and upholstery, unless u have a shampooer, best to have it professionally cleaned. A lot of otc cleaners u run the risk of bleaching also... Interior shampoo and detail here in nwpa, under $200.
Most other things lightening cleaner at dollar general works really really well. It's a great degreaser and what I used to degrease all my interior panels to prep for repainting. It kicks ass 👍

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT 5.8L
220 Posts
I would also add looking up auto detailer hashtags on tiktok. Got some really good tips from there. Especially using a portable steamer for interior. Also watching them do carpets with a drill, shampoo and power washer is OCD heaven.

Cyberslinger - 1996 XLT Sport 5.8L

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Pull the carpet out, rip the jute padding off and pressure wash it. Like so:

·
Registered
573 Posts
If it smells funky inside or prev owner smoked, you can rent an ozone generator from a tool rental place for like $25/day
Leave it inside overnight with windows rolled up....fresh as a daisy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts