Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco, 5.8L, E4OD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m in the process of completing gutting the interior of my 92 Bronco. These rear panels are the only thing holding me up from being done with this little interior project. I’d like to pull off this old crusty insulation and clean the panels but I’m not sure what to replace it with. I’ve searched the forums and saw a few guys talk about Peel & Seal. But I’ve also read mixed reviews on that stuff and that it doesn’t last very long. Especially when it gets hot. It gets up to 115 in the summer where I’m at.

I also pulled the carpets and did a deep cleaning. Considering yanking the insulation off the bottom of those as well. So what are your thoughts for replacing the carpet insulation and the rear panel insulation? I’m ready to wrap this project up.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
I generally use carpet padding when I need to replace insulation.

·
Registered
1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer, 351W, E4OD, 3.55, 33x10.5 mostly stock at this point
46 Posts
I’m in a similar situation my panels look almost identical and I was thinking about what I could do that would hold up on the AZ heat as well.

I just wrapped up sound deadening my whole floor and side with a radiant barrier on it as well, but I wouldn’t mind going with something like that link. How do you attach it? Spray glue? Super 77?

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco, 5.8L, E4OD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m in a similar situation my panels look almost identical and I was thinking about what I could do that would hold up on the AZ heat as well.

I just wrapped up sound deadening my whole floor and side with a radiant barrier on it as well, but I wouldn’t mind going with something like that link. How do you attach it? Spray glue? Super 77?
What’d you do for sound deadening? I was thinking of doing it but honestly not sure if it’s worth the money. I guess depends on how much costs.

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 Firestone MT on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
47 Posts
Following. We're in the same boat. The PO "rhino lined" the entire cabin and there's no carpet. Picking up a set of rear panels this weekend and will need to paint them and probably put in new padding. Need to reduce the noise in there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What’d you do for sound deadening? I was thinking of doing it but honestly not sure if it’s worth the money. I guess depends on how much costs.
I did the entire floor front and back as well as up the sides in the back with a sounding material similar to Dynamat. I’ve probably got about 150 bucks wrapped up in sound deadening. I started a thread about it in the newbie section. I got my sound deadener from Amazon

Noico 80 mil 36 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_BTFTFbXW5EV15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve been pretty happy with the outcome thus far, however I will say putting down the sound deadener is some time consuming business. Here is what it looks like right now

·
Registered
200 Posts
The radiant barrier can be attached with spray glue, I used spectrum liquid sound deadener on my entire interior Spectrum™ Spray On Deadener then top coated with raptor liner. It's not bad on noise considering i have no carpet or flooring.
I used regular sound deadener/nvx brand in the doors along with the radiant barrier. I have some luxury liner pro from secondskin as well but have not installed it yet.
I've used the radiant barrier on several other vehicles/projects and its good stuff.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you're not doing a complete insulating and sound deadening project, I would suggest some hydrophobic melamine foam or closed cell foam to keep the panel from rattling. It's lightweight and has some thermal insulating and maybe slight noise absorbing properties but by themselves are not overly effective at either. If you like I can put up some pictures of my entire project of insulating and sound deadening. Also I used 3m high strength spray adhesive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently redid my 1990. I painted the entire inside with bed liner from Walmart.

Here's the insulation I used for the back of the panels - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072WHC63F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I stuck this down on all over the rear cab area, I didn't do the wheel wells because the carpet didn't fit well over the insulation - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B5EMGO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After all was said and done it turned out well and definitely cut back on sound!
Haven't been in the dead of summer with it yet though

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did the entire floor front and back as well as up the sides in the back with a sounding material similar to Dynamat. I’ve probably got about 150 bucks wrapped up in sound deadening. I started a thread about it in the newbie section. I got my sound deadener from Amazon

Noico 80 mil 36 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_BTFTFbXW5EV15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve been pretty happy with the outcome thus far, however I will say putting down the sound deadener is some time consuming business. Here is what it looks like right now
View attachment 170647
This is the way. Now buy some mlv and it'll be as quiet as a cadillac....with a fiberglass top

Reactions: Impact

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
I use foam carpet padding. I rip out jute padding because of how absorbant it is, I don't want anything that bad going back in. I only glue it to the carpet if I have to. I did in my civic because it uses molded carpet with lots of small pieces, but on most cars just large sections that will stay put on their own once the carpet is down.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 Firestone MT on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
47 Posts
@Zachatola, all the floor surfaces are covered in "rhino liner" and has a fairly rough texture. Do you think it'll stick to that or will we need to look at other options?

·
Registered
46 Posts
@Zachatola, all the floor surfaces are covered in "rhino liner" and has a fairly rough texture. Do you think it'll stick to that or will we need to look at other options?
If it has a rough texture I think it probably would stick. You’ll def want to clean it really good with IPA or a degreaser before you put it down maybe rough it up a bit if there are any smooth spots. I put mine right over the factory’s sound deadener if it wouldn’t come up easy and it stuck fine.

I would def get one of the install rollers too so you can force it down into the texture of the rhino liner. And wear gloves, that stuff is like razor blades when your putting it down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts