Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently pulled the carpet up in my bronco. I noticed some cracks that appear to be running along a seam of sorts. There is some sort of glue or bondo material over this seam. shall i have this welded or??

driver side near rear seat mounting holes

Passenger side

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
Just an FYI, this is what the joint looks like without all the seam sealer.
It's welded pretty well from the factory. I would dig all the sealer out to see what's underneath before I took action. I can't imagine why the seam sealer would crack unless the factory welds were disturbed.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Mine had similar cracks though not as bad. Its factory seam sealer over seams in the body panel. The seam sealer is very stiff and doesn't flex much before cracking. I believe it cracks just from the body flexing over time, as the rubber body mounts age the flexing only worsens, cracking the seam sealer more.

·
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it.

·
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to get the old sealer removed this week. can I get the seam sealer at home depot or from a auto paint place and what brand/type would you recommend?

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
3M™ Fast N Firm™ Seam Sealer 08505. Used it, liked it.
SEM also makes good sealer. Only issue with SEM is many of their products are dual mix and require a pricey gun. They do have a product that uses a typical single tube calk gun. Check Summit Racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts