Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had some rain last night and i noticed on the passenger side maybe 1-2 ounces had leaded on the rubber mat. it appeared right below the heater housing, but nothing was wet so i could not track it. i realize i need to pull out the water hose and play, but was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar leak that might give me a headstart! thanks

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
What kind of engine, trans and year of your truck...your coolent might be leaking through your bearings on your tail gate motor, if its dirty water you might need a new trasfer case.

<--------------- Fill out your info!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm guessing its the windshield. I had the same happen but on the drivers side. Now I just got to get the damn leaking cowl fixed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Make sure the drain hose for the A/C heater plenum isn't clogged. Pine needles got into my cowl air vents blocking the drain holes. Also the gasket on the heater box could also leak onto the floor.
regards
rikard

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spent some time today with a water hose. the leak happens when i put water in the cowl grill----only on the passenger side. it leaks out inside on the upper firewall where there is a "grill" type opening-----a wire grid. I suppose removing the cowl is the next step---

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I was about to say pull your cowl panel and look at the seam on your passengers side. At the seam the sheet metal is only 1 layer thick and likes to rust out, dripping water right down your firewall and onto the floor.

I had to fix it on my '85.

While you're in there grind all of the body caulk out of the seam and redo it, also reach down on the far sides of the cowl and dig all the leaves and dirt out of there.

Justin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks....i will do that. did yours leak in thru that opening with the wire grid in front of it that is to the right and behind the heater box? thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That grid there is new on me, wasn't on my 85 and isn't on my 86. but the water pooled up in the cowl and then would run through the rust hole at the seam and would run down the firewall.

It looked like a leaking heater core, but was clear instead of green.

Justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts