Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, that's my problem. For now I pulled the fuse but now I have no stereo. I've never chased an electrical gremlin before, so where do I start? Seems like it's shorting out somewhere. Any tips would be great, or a wiring diagram would be awesome. I'd rather not tear apart my truck just to find it. But I'd rather do that than just break the back bulb. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm with Scoop.... A buddy on saturday called me about his dome lights wouldnt come on.. he had just got the truck back from a body shop from a accident and he called me worried that they screwed something up.. being a 08 chevy it has a dome bypass button... i asked if it was pushed in.. after walking out to the truck with me on the phone saying it couldnt be something that simple he got real quiet when it was... always check the small stuff before you did in..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had this problem long time ago, for me it turned out to be one of the door switches. i just unplugged the bad switch temporarily.
How exactly do you unplug them?

[https://www.843562882366155:0QUOTE=Scoop;5180577]Could be the door switch, could be the headlight switch. Sorry, gotta ask, is your headlight switch turned all the way counter clockwise? If so turn it clockwise a bit.[/QUOTE]

Worth a shot :thumbup

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah i did the same thing when i first got my bronco. It turned the headlight switch all the way ccw until it clicked thinking that would give me the brightest dash lights, when i went outside later that night my dome light was still on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i did the same thing when i first got my bronco. It turned the headlight switch all the way ccw until it clicked thinking that would give me the brightest dash lights, when i went outside later that night my dome light was still on.

Well my switch was turned all the way ccw and it popped when I turned it cw so after work I'm gonna pop the fuse in and see what happened. After that looks like I'm going at the door switches.

Also when I put the fuse in I notice little sparks, could that be a sign of an electrical fault or is that normal? Sometimes the little things like that make a big deal when trying to diagnose

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Well my switch was turned all the way ccw and it popped when I turned it cw so after work I'm gonna pop the fuse in and see what happened. After that looks like I'm going at the door switches.

Also when I put the fuse in I notice little sparks, could that be a sign of an electrical fault or is that normal? Sometimes the little things like that make a big deal when trying to diagnose
That means you didn't unhook the battery before doing electrical work.

For the most part, you are safe doing small electrical crap in the truck without disconnecting the battery, however, its way safer to pull it.

This is coming from a guy who routinely got shocked for working on my house electrical without turning the breaker off, lol.

All a fuse is is a tiny piece of wire, you saw sparks because the circuit was hot (because the door switch is busted) and thats all. Had the switch been unpluged or fixed you wouldn't have seen the sparks :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I was messing with it today and the passenger door switch was stuck open or something. I had the passenger door shut and pressed driver side. Nothing. So I closed the driver side and pressed the passenger side and it turned off. Now I need to find what I did with the damn dome light bulb :banghead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts