Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 EB with tan interior. Which interior paint matches the interior? Link would be helpful.

I have an expedition center console I need to paint and install.

Thx!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Best thing I can recommend is take a sample to O'Reilley's and have them pull out the Sem's vinyl dye sheet. Other stores might have it too, but I know O'Reilley's has it up here. I believe some of the good automotive paint shops can custom mix the dye also, but it's been a good while since I was around the shops.
Swamp

·
Registered
261 Posts
If '95 EB Tan plastic is the same shade as '94 XLT Tan plastic, then SEM Color Coat 15883 "medium neutral" is a near perfect match. I sprayed it on grey trim but it's pretty dense and I imagine it would cover other colors OK too.

·
Super Moderator
9,590 Posts
Heres the color chart. I dont thing the 15883 will work for a bronco tan interior. That color is a shade of grey.

I dont know which one will work, but if you figure it out, please post it up here so we can ALL benefit from it.

Looking at the second chart, light buckskin 15093 looks close to me just eyeballing it.

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
Although SEM is an excellent product, you may want to consider using Colorbond. Unlike SEM, Colorbond only lists the colors used in the Broncos.
A friend of mine used Saddle in his tan EB and it was a very good match. I used Colorbond and it is a very good product, no issues in the last three years. Click the link below

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heres the color chart. I dont thing the 15883 will work for a bronco tan interior. That color is a shade of grey.
Hmmm, the grey color that 15883 is rendering as on that image on my laptop doesn't resemble the paint itself. It's a dark and stormy day here and the Bronco is sleeping peacefully in its shed but to show the contrast here's a grey and dismal day pic of the paint cap on a random piece of original color plastic.

Or maybe my trim isn't the color I think it is? I have some grey trim from another bronco and it's a very different color, so if not tan, then what?

To the OP: You can't believe everything you read on the internet. Don't buy it blind, take a trim piece to the paint store and compare.

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
Scatt, how much of that color bond do you need to do the door panels?
I didn't do my door panels but the stuff covers pretty good. If you are not doing a color change then I would say 2 cans should do it. I applied a minimum of three thin coats and got great results.
I did all the interior trim for top, rear side panels and my tailgate carpet and I "think" I bought 4 cans and had like a half a can left over. Its really good stuff.

If you are ever doing anything in black on the exterior such as wiper arms, bumper trim, mirror housings etc.., SEM's Trim Black is unbeatable. I painted alot of exterior trim with it and after a little over 3 years of the CA sun and washings everything looks great, zero fade.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You can also take your fuse panel cover to Lowes and have them mix up a small batch. Ive done that with a 93 tan to do a gauge pod and it tuned out perfect.

As far as SEM goes, I can attest to their quality and finish when properly prepped. I did my entire interior black several years ago and its held up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
You can also take your fuse panel cover to Lowes and have them mix up a small batch. Ive done that with a 93 tan to do a gauge pod and it tuned out perfect.

As far as SEM goes, I can attest to their quality and finish when properly prepped. I did my entire interior black several years ago and its held up perfectly.

Lowes? Exactly what kind of paint was it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been thinking about this so I don't have to buy new trim/panels everywhere. Can anyone post up some pics to see how it's turned out and held up? I figure painting will be much cheaper than buying all new, although I suppose I'll have to replace a lot of tabs along the way.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've been thinking about this so I don't have to buy new trim/panels everywhere. Can anyone post up some pics to see how it's turned out and held up? I figure painting will be much cheaper than buying all new, although I suppose I'll have to replace a lot of tabs along the way.
Check the build thread out in my signature. I cleaned / repaired / dyed panels. Came out great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks ctandc. That did come out really nice. I was wondering how it would take the tan again, but looking at yours it took really well. So I may go back with that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@ctandc A couple more questions if you don't ind. I saw you used the prep can from SEM. How many cans of that did you need? I assume 1 and only used on real dirty/greasy areas. Then how many cans to get good solid coverage? I plan to try to use a very light coat, then go over very light one or 2 more times to get good nice clean coverage that should hold I hope for years/forever. Do you guys think this will work?

·
Registered
706 Posts
One can of prep spray is plenty. Wash and clean the parts. Prep spray is used right before color. Light, multiple coats work best. One can was enough for changing from gray on two front door panels. If i were doing all the panels and trim I would probably get 4-5 cans to be safe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts