Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Throwing in a few select pics of my door panels and rear interior panels. I'm a milsurp fan and source some good wood locally. American Walnut 3/4" planks and rivnuts.I reaking LOVE rivnuts, I'll never go back to stupid sheet metal screws again! Each panel is easy to remove/replace/repair. The rivnuts let you find the hole, start a thread, then come back and zoom them in. No guessing if you found the hole. With rivnuts you can squeeze those panels on tight!

There was lots of sanding and lets just say the HF wood rasps set is worth about 37 - 20% off coupons now. Next up is finish the pieces that need PTO (PURE Tung Oil - not that half diluted crap from the local...), put in some black flathead screws. Maybe some rubber on the backside. insulation later on.

Can't wait to back in the sun of traffic with the top off and blind all the cagers with the glistening good wood while they stare out mindlessly over their air conditioned faux-wood interior. PLANKS SON!

Full pics in build thread:

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
A few more pics for the wood panels. JB welded socket to crank arm and works great. Added latch loops, but they will be temporary until I get some good hardwood handles and wrap them up.
Good finishing touch was to paint the SS flatheads black and then countersunk them flat and looks a lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks. I'm partial to her myself.

I should have pointed out that you can send or hand-deliver the digital file to your local print shop, FedEx Office, Staples, etc. and they can print it for you.

That's exactly what I was trying to avoid. Hell, if we can get this scanned maybe I can create a separate thread with a link to it so that can become a sticky with a link to the free download and instructions on how to get it printed out. No sales.

This is exactly what I've seen in 20 other threads. Guys want to make something out of diamond plate or aluminum or plywood and just wish they could find a set of original panels on the cheap just to get the shape right. Get me a shipping zip code or would you like to contribute part of the scanning cost? :)
Aluminum diamond plate 1/8 inch, cost me ~$50 for the materials and used old ratty panels that came with the truck for th he pattern and cut them out with a jig saw. Used the old panels to locate the holes to drill..... no arm rests (at least yet).....
20170507_192444.jpg
20170507_192437.jpg

·
Registered
78 BRONCO RANGER XLT -351M-C6-NP203 TO 205 SWAP -9IN 3.50 REAR
55 Posts
I have wondered Why?-probably in the past 30+ years why such item was never re-manufactured for our trucks to compliment our interiors when it seems everything else (except tailgate latches etc etc) is available.I have always love the look of the oem cargo panels and always hoped they would re-appear.
Hats off to you!!Speedy (y) (y)----still hanging on to mine with a thread and tape.:cautious:

·
Registered
78 BRONCO RANGER XLT -351M-C6-NP203 TO 205 SWAP -9IN 3.50 REAR
55 Posts
Check this out- I dont think so-not if thats the price for each

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,516 Posts
HOLY HELL!!! $600 and an extra $100 if you want the ribbed stitch? For that kinda money, I'll go with diamond plate everyday, all day.

·
Certified Asshat
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
659 Posts
HOLY HELL!!! $600 and an extra $100 if you want the ribbed stitch? For that kinda money, I'll go with diamond plate everyday, all day.
fully agree, this is hell of money, and for me I need to add around 300 to ship this to Europe.
I would expect for 1000€ I can get new ones made from diamond stich in Alcantara.

to achieve something like this look:

IMG_1845.jpg

however for the moment I will stick to my used ones, I could flatten them out (putting some mild water on the rear of the old wood and then put books on top to let it dry, now its pretty straight again and does fit without bending corners away.

·
Registered
855 Posts
fully agree, this is hell of money, and for me I need to add around 300 to ship this to Europe.
I would expect for 1000€ I can get new ones made from diamond stich in Alcantara.

to achieve something like this look:

View attachment 165386

however for the moment I will stick to my used ones, I could flatten them out (putting some mild water on the rear of the old wood and then put books on top to let it dry, now its pretty straight again and does fit without bending corners away.
You could probably get them done cheaper, just look for a local upholsterer. I'm sure that's a thing in Germany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 91 of 91 Posts