Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my engine to stop smoking and my transmission working decent. I need to get my interior into gear. Every single piece of plastic in this thing is either broke or so brittle its days are done. Has anyone just removed them all together? Underneath looks so much cleaner than the cracked plastic trim panel hiding it. I removed my headliner and honestly it looks better. I know it will make the ride a little louder but this was never meant to be a luxury vehicle. Ideally I would love to replace it with new(er) trim pieces but I cant find them anywhere. I'm worried if I get them used they'll be just as brittle as the ones I'm getting rid of. Do later model trim pieces fit this thing? Do you guys know if there is some spot that sells them new? Or do I just ditch them and save a buck and clean up the look? I don't have tons of cash so having someone custom fabricate them for me is out of the question.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The plastic is definitely the issue when dealing with the interiors of these trucks.

If the entire piece is brittle i don’t have great suggestions.

For cracked and broken ABS parts I have had decent luck fusing it back together with acetone and using strips of ABS to reinforce the part from behind.

Areas that are covered by other trim, I have used aluminum strips with rivets or screws. I also add silicone to the contact between the plastic and aluminum. It makes it pretty tough.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
1980; 347 stroker; Holley Sniper EFI
255 Posts
LMC truck sells lots of interior panels. I have never bought any so I dont know what the quality is like.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Yo 81gdad,
I suggest cleaning. My much better half crocheted a black wool section to replace the long plastic trim that covers the joint between cab and rear fiberglass roofs. Done to help reduce head bump pain for rear seat passengers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.