Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of "re-doing" my interior and bought a new carpet kit. I ripped up the old carpet and cleaned it up and was thinking of putting it back in the front section and just placing the new carpet over top of the old....in a sense using the old carpet as "sound proofing/padding". Do you guys see any reason why this would not work? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
As long as the older carpet is in good enough shape, I see no problem. Now, if you've got ANYTHING!!!!! in the old carpet that smells, mold, mildew, ANYTHING!!!!, you're going to have the same problem with your new stuff. If you're going to do it, I would suggest tearing it all out, cleaning the floor pans spotless and taking the carpet and underpadding to a car wash and pressure wash the crap out of it, literally. I saw a car show not too long ago that talked about it, what they did was take the carpet to the car wash and used the tire cleaner detergent, brush and pressure washer to clean the carpet. Do that and you might have a good shot at keeping the old stuff without any problems. Heck, by the time you do that, you may not even need the new carpet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I want to tear out the dash in my 86 and replace all the gauges with the round white faced kind (see pic) Has anyone ever done this in a Bronco and if so how difficult was it? I had a 83 S-10 that I completely modded the dash and that seemed easy enough just wanted to know if there was anything I should watch out for.

·
Registered
710 Posts
thread jacker:twak

it's not hard, just be careful removing the plastic on your dash so you don't crack it, as it ages it gets brittle.

I think those look pretty neat myself.

post a pic when you get it done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts