Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought this 1982 bronco for $200 and might i say it is no cream puff by any means.....so i started in on the interior today and i may post some pics later...anyways going to redo the rusted floor pans as well as paint all the interior (it is all sea foam green now:whiteflag ) well anyways my question is i saw in a post a few days ago this guy has the cargo floor area of his bronco made of diamond plate and just wanted to know if anyone has done this and if so what gauge metal to use and what problems i may expect to encounter i am also doing a seat swap (but not sure what to use yet any suggestions would be appreciated) and going to custom build a console with a built in cooler (already have the plans drawn up for that one)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and the reason for the diamond plate is i have a diamond plate chest tool box that i am going to mount in the cargo area for storage thought doing the whole cargo area in diamond plate would look cool

·
Registered
116 Posts
search

look at the sticky's at the top, click "tech info links" there are a number of seat swaps in there., try searching too.

do you mean diamond plateing interior side pannels??
or are you looking at replacing the whole floor with diamond plated steel?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my floor is rusted to shit and needs replaced.....this is just an idea i had....if there is a better way to replace it by all means give me suggestions cause i am new to this stuff......just trying to do something different with it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you mean diamond plateing interior side pannels??
or are you looking at replacing the whole floor with diamond plated steel?
yes the floor i saw a write up on some side panels that i am going to do.....i am just trying to do something different with the floor

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
for the floor your best shot is to find a bronco that had a decent bed, and cut the floor out and weld it into your bronco inplace of the cancer stricken floor. Consider DIY bedlineras a flooring material ( hides imperfections), relatively cheap at autozone and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts