Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched for threads regarding this & found some info but not much. my bronco is a '93 custom, & i want to upgrade the interior a little. it's a retired gov't vehicle, so there are a few things that need fixing. the interior is vinyl, seats & floor both, it has buckets up front but no console.

the first on my list is the rear interior side panels(from behind the door all the way back), they are some kind of cardboard covered in thin black plastic... the left side got wet at some point and looks like schiznit... falling apart. i've seen pics of some nicer looking ones in other posts... i guess i need to find some out of a late model EB..... any other suggestions?

second, my drivers seat is pretty well done & i plan to remove the back seat eventually(or keep it folded up most of the time) & put a 40/20/40 bench up front, will one from any pre-97 F-150 fit?

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you want the plastic rear panels, look in for a 92-96 in the yards, but if I was you I wouldn't. The less plastic the better. I would line-x it or rhino the back compartement.

The pre 97 40/20/40 should work. There might be a little bit of fabrication (hole drilling) to get the 20 to work. Hope this helps

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
side panels you can make easily from a thin wood and cover with a fabric or something.

you can get a 40/20/40 seat to work froma superduty as well, but keep in mind, if you need to flip your seat foward to get in the back, they dont flip and slid as much as others do, the other aftermarket seats do though

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I've got an old gov'ment rig too, and I'm replacing my cardboard with diamond tread. Just pick up the right size panels and use one of your old panels as a templete, cut them out and install..(write up soon) as far as the vinyl seats and the floor mats, if you wheel much you'll wanna keep that...easier to clean.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i also have an old retired govt vehicle. right now im stripping the floor(rust) from b-pillar back and seting it uyp for linx stlye stuff. i cut my old plasticy cardboard pannels a new one cause everything in my truck has rust. i also plan to sand the frame a lil and painting gloss balck over it. I am also geting custon paint(orig color) mixed for my truck. but the thing is i have alot work to do on old amy, but one day shell be nice.
Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just finished putting speakers in and have determined that the fiberglass top leaks on the driver side... thus causing the deterioration of the side panels. i'm sure it's getting under the vinyl floor & into the pad. i'm concerned about rust now, & will probly go the direction of lining(rhino/linex, etc.) the interior eventually and put carpet over it in the front.

thanks for the info on the superduty seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts