Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 96 5.0 Bronco. Since March i have been having issues with the truck starting up. It can go days with no issues, and then all of a sudden i will go to start it and it won't crank or start. I can hear the fuel pump priming but nothing happens. I replaced the starter and it was fine for a few weeks then started doing it again. I then replaced the starter solenoid, and that didn't make a difference. Finally, i just replaced the neutral safety switch and it worked fine for again, a week. The battery terminals are clean, and have no issues with that when it doesn't turn over. Jumping it will not start it either. Any possible suggestions?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but my suggestion is to properly diagnose the problem instead of throwing parts at it. A cheap multimeter is the best tool in the toolbox for an older vehicle. Learn how to properly use it and it will solve all your electrical problems.
Basically you need to start at the source and chase wires and voltage until you find where the problem lies. If the battery terminals and wires are indeed in good shape, I would look at your steering column and ignition switch.
:thumbup

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,270 Posts
You're battery cables may appear clean, but I'd double check all of the ground connections..I suspect you have corrosion somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts