Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently replace the ap and ra bushings in my bronco. when im on the highway about 60/65+ it would shake slightly. i could deal with that. but the other day i bent my nerf bar back(yanked on it with dads tb.:rolleyes:) well now at about 55+ it will shake on and off. we're not talking about bad shaking but its enough to annoy me. itll come and go about every 30-60 secs above 55. i know the front is good cause when i look at the hood while its shaking the hood is nice and smooth compared to the road but i feel shaking in the car.also if i look over while its shaking the passenger arm rest is shaking back and forth. this leads me to beleive its the leaf spring bushings. they are the originals, worn and cracked.the back ones appear to be off. so my question is this: would those bushings cause this shaking? it would make sense cause it got worse after my nerf bar repair. im just looking for confirmation since ive recently dumped a bunch of money into repairs (some which have to be redone cause of my stupidity:twak:smilie_slap:cry) and need to know this will fix it. as a wise man once said "parts replacement isnt auto repair:rockon". im thnking poly energy suspension bushings. these arent hard to replace are they?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a similar problem around 60mph. and it turned out to be my older tires were seperating at the seams. I was so pissed cuz they had over 80% tred left n them and were in great shap. tehy were just 6 years old and could not take the speeds over 60mph.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar problem around 60mph. and it turned out to be my older tires were seperating at the seams. I was so pissed cuz they had over 80% tred left n them and were in great shap. they were just 6 years old and could not take the speeds over 60mph.
i have some mud terrains, 4 years old. the ones on the rear are really worn cause when they were on the front the bad ap bushings caused cupping and uneven wear on the lugs. when these finally give out ill probably switch to a good all terrain.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ole shaky

if the hood line is shaking like the headlights are on ocean waves i bet its a bad back tire otherwise shaking is usually the front tires.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the hood line is shaking like the headlights are on ocean waves i bet its a bad back tire otherwise shaking is usually the front tires.
that doesnt make any sense to me.

oh, wait just read it again, now it makes sense. the hood line isnt shaking but i can feel the shaking through my feet and the seat.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had shacking at about the same speed and it ended up being a bad u-joint. really cheap and really easy to replace.
hmmmm. i think im going to have them check the rear bushings when they do the alignment. if that doesnt work ill check out the u joints. im fairly certain the bushings are bad though, they are cracked after all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just had this problem, shaking every 30 seconds or so over 60MPH.
It was my old tires, threw on a new set of BFG's and it's all good.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PFun41, what was the issue?? Was curious if it was U joint or tires.
still dont know, i just lubed the front brake sliders today but its still pulling to the right a little. i havent had it back on the freeway since then. the shaking still seems to be coming from the rear so i still suspect worn leaf spring bushings, if theyre like 10 bucks ill prolly just replace then since theyre cracked, i noticed also that one rear tire is more worn than the other.i think th ebushings on one side are more worn than the other causing the weel on that side to move forward slightly in relation to the other wheel, causing the car to pull and at high speeds maybe jumping around in the joint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts