Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been experiencing a slight hesitation when giving it full throttle. Kind of figured it was spark related... and planned to replacing plugs/cap/wires to troubleshoot. Well yesterday she decided she had enough... and I melted the coil wire. Luckily I just got a ride home and took the MSD 8227 coil and 9mm wire off the 1993. Good Lord she runs like a champ now.... probably going to get better mpg to boot.

Really fun daily driving a 25 year old Bronco with 175,000 on the clock. Just this year I have replaced the starter, battery, clutch master cylinder, and now the coil. For the head ache she has never left me stranded on the road. That is extremely important since I drive the interstate everyday for 6 or 7 miles and Atlanta traffic SUCKS! She fried the coil wire as I was pulling in to work. I had to leave her parked on the side of the access road to the plant and walk the 100 feet to the building. After about and hour I had 4 or 5 people offer to pull her into the parking lot for me. First thing i would ask them is what they drove. I had a Chevy, dodge, and Toyota guy offer and I told them it would be a cold day in hell before I let them hook up to her. She would be fine where she was at until I got off work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts