Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the driver and passenger window/door lock switches light up when the headlights are turned on? Also, should the headlight switch and rear window switch light up? IF so, mine don't. All other dash lights work but those already mentioned. Seems like this is not a fuse problem but maybe an electical wire problem? Any guesses??? :shocked

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Don't know what year you have or if it matters but none of the switches you mentioned light up on mine (not designed to). The rear defrost button lights up when turned on, that's it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RLKBOB said:
Don't know what year you have or if it matters but none of the switches you mentioned light up on mine (not designed to). The rear defrost button lights up when turned on, that's it.
I've got a EB 96 w/351. Seems to me at least the lettering would light up?
:brownbag

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hated the fact that my old SHO didn't have a light on any of the controls. Unfortunatly, no longer have pictures of my installation, but I used a high output LED along with fiberoptic strands to light up mine before. Use some creativity, and it'll come out lookin schweet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Won't work...sorry I didn't explain completly. Those switches are solid. At least on the Taurus.

The LED was obviously hiddin, as well as the fiberoptics. Only the ends showed up, but used this to give you an idea. The finished product was a raised area about 1/4" square and about 1/16" high with 4 fiberoptic lines running out at each corner. It gave the entire switch area a faint green glow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts