Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 74 Scout II that is pretty much laying around his back yard. Never thought about it, but it has a D44 in the front. Anyone know if this D44 can swap into my 96?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
He's right. It's a passenger side diff.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
regardless it'd be kinda narrow. how bout just getting the scout and getting it back together? i hate to see those things sit, they;re just so awesome.

Justin

·
Registered
131 Posts
I suppose anything will fit if you're creative and handy enough. I don't think it would be worth the trouble though. I'd take the Scout from him for free and revive it to a sweet wheeler. Did I just say that on a Bronco site?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks for the help guys. I have never had a chance to look at it, so I didn't know it was a passenger side drop.

That white scout is pretty damn cool. Maybe we will do something similar.

Right now we are working on a 72 scout. It is a sweet rig, d44's front and rear, 350, and other sweet stuff. We just put some 31x10.50R15's BFG's on it over christmas break, and also put a flowmaster 40 on it. We are hoping to lift it and take care of the rust problem this summer. If the rust is too much to handle, we might pull the body panels off the 74, or just make it into a buggy. I will put up progress pics this summer.

Oh, and the 74 runs like crap, and it's interior is destroyed. My buddies dad owns all kinds of rental properties in the mountains of colorado, and ended up taking the scout over after someone left the property with no contact. The guy must of had it parked for awhile, because the mice got to it and tore up all the interior seats and made nests in the headliner/roof.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If it's a giveaway.....I'll take it. Scouts are probably the domestic best 4x4 ever....other than the body cancer.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
If it's a giveaway.....I'll take it. Scouts are probably the domestic best 4x4 ever....other than the body cancer.
x2 Great trucks...I have had two Scout IIs, ojen sold only recently, and we are building a '67 Scout 800 trail rig in the shop right now.

boy do they rust...:whiteflag

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, sorry to dissapoint guys, but it is no giveaway. We always find something to do with the parts and cars.

And yeah they rust...really bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts