Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked in about a 45mins late because I walked into the wrong showing. I was really only 5 mins late to the showing that I was intending on seeing but didn't check the sign before rushing in :banghead

But from what little I saw.....I think I like the 1st one better. I'm a fan of Mickey Rourke too.

To be completely fair, I may not have seen enough to make an valid opinion but I did see the "fight scene." Didn't really do it for me personally.

·
Registered
550 Posts
It was pretty good in my opinion, but the first was better. Did you happen to see the Bronco blown up in the group of cars under the overpass during the final fight scene?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didn't.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
yeah i saw that bronco in the movie. there was also a bronco chasing freddy in mightmare on elm street

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
A couple of girls I know said they were extras in the last crowd scene - something about an expo?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I thought it was badass. Just got home. Funny, great action, great effects. War Machine is well done. I like Don Cheadle way better as Rodie then Terrance Howard. Didn't know how Rourke was gonna do but he was great. I liked it alot. They tied into some old Iron Man stuff. Like the suitcase in the cartoons and the original triangle shape over the generator on his suit.

Make sure you stay after the credits.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Good, but not as good as the first one.

Too many plotlines at once.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
It was OK. Not as good as the 1st but most sequels ever are. Don Cheadle was Don Cheadle in an Air Force uniform. I've seen a few of his movies and he just seems like the same guy in all of them. I do like him, but just not sure he was right for the part. Mickey? I think the last movie I liked him in was Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

Overall, I liked it. I'm glad they didn't whore it out like Transformers 2 so I can actually take my 6 year old to go see it. I saw it at the midnight showing and the family will be back Saturday evening to see it again with me. Is it worth it to stay for the credits? Ehhh. Spoiler alert. They find Thors Hammer. I don't even think that movie will be out for a few years if I remember right. Heck of a thing to wait 10 or so minutes for a 30 second shot of a hammer in the sand.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I saw it today, too. I can't decide which one I like better. Mickey Rourke made a great villain, but I also liked Jeff Bridges in the first one. I'd say they are both equally good as far as entertainment and replay factor are concerned. And I consider that a great review since most sequels don't even come close to measuring up to the original. Robert Downey Jr is just a good actor. I'm looking forward to watching the second one again. And I like Don Cheadle and Rhody better than Terrence Howard, even though Don Cheadle's character never seems to change. Terrence Howard just wasn't filling his role properly, and it showed in the first film. It's difficult to explain, but his character seemed to be the only one that wasn't "jiving" with the theme.

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
The last fight between Iron Man + War Machine against Whiplash lasted like 40 seconds, WTF? I think it sucked more then the first one.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The last fight between Iron Man + War Machine against Whiplash lasted like 40 seconds, WTF? I think it sucked more then the first one.
If you didn't like the first one, why in the world did you go see the second?

The party scene with Tony drunk and in the suit was hilarious, and I totally want to have Black Widows babies. Or at least smell the inside of that jumpsuit Scarlett was wearin. Damn.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
As a HUGE Iron Man fan (when I was a kid/teenager). I liked it alot. The story wasn't as good as the first, but the armor battles are awesome! I hated the fact that they had Whiplash in armor at the end. WTF was that?

But outside of that, overall I enjoyed it:beer

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
If you didn't like the first one, why in the world did you go see the second?

The party scene with Tony drunk and in the suit was hilarious, and I totally want to have Black Widows babies. Or at least smell the inside of that jumpsuit Scarlett was wearin. Damn.
Because I have a young son that likes these kind of movies.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Black Widow made me a Fullsize Member.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I saw it yesterday, I thought in some ways it was better than the first. Don Cheadle is much better at working with Robert Downey no doubt. I liked him so much better over Terrance. They did War Machine very well. Very pleased with the character development. At first I thought the last battle was too short, but then I started thinking back to the comics and the battles were never that long anyways.... Marvel has always been more about the characters and internal conflicts, and I tip my hat to this. It made so much more sense than being long and drawn out. Plus the very end was well worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Has anyone noticed how they recut the convention scene between the commercials and the actual movie?

In the commercials, you see Pepper kissing the helmet and throwing it out the back of the plane. In the Movie, he's already suited up completely and just jumps out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts