Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the local steel company today to get educated on prices and such.

They said that I could dig thru their scrap / odd lengths pile and pick out whatever I wanted for .25 a pound. Is this a good or "ok" price?

I found plenty of plate and a few lengths of channel that I can use to build a bumper/winch mount. :toothless Just more curious on price.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,526 Posts
I look at it this way: would I be willing to pay $25 for 100# of scrap?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
yeah, that is not bad. Just compare it to new steel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
around here i get about 1/2 that for it at the scrap yard, so I would say .25 for good steel that you could use is worth that much. If you dont think so go check regular prices for whole pieces. Oh and you can always offer them less $ for it, if they cant get rid of it they will sell it cheaper and still make more than what they can get at the scrap yard.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
that's a little bit cheaper than what i have found around here... sometimes you can find stuff that will work great for you in a steel yards scrap yard and sometimes you can't find anything that will work... i just always look through before going and buying new.... a lot of times the stuff in the scrap yard will just have a little ding in it or be rusty and that's why it ended up out there

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Pretty good actually. I pay 40 cents for hot rolled and 60 cents for colded rolled scrap by the pound

1 - 9 of 9 Posts