Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the factory 5.0 block out of my 1990 Bronco--casting number E7TE-CA--a roller block?

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
In 1990 Ford had an option for 351 HO engines (roller) in Broncos. I may be wrong, but I don't think they've ever offered a 302 HO engine for the Bronco?

I just built a frankenstein 302 HO that came out of a 1993 Mustang and made it more suitable for low end truck fun.

It's very very nice.... :thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
That sounds like a head casting number
If he is reading it off the block it is a block casting #... all ford parts have the same format so all that says is its an 87 truck engine part- whatever the CA means it is.

This thread will definatly go down in history:shocked

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
and none of the 5.0s were roller in the bronco howevr the 90 and up or so were roller ready....

ive never heard of the 5.8L HO being offered in the bronco... it wasnt roller... the 5.8L wasnt roller till 96/97

dc

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 1990 Ford had an option for 351 HO engines (roller) in Broncos. I may be wrong, but I don't think they've ever offered a 302 HO engine for the Bronco?

I just built a frankenstein 302 HO that came out of a 1993 Mustang and made it more suitable for low end truck fun.

It's very very nice.... :thumbupure bronco is a none roller engine i have that moter in my mustang and i rebuilt it

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
It aint to bad...rain never sticks around here long...looking out my office door I already see patches of sunlight.
Cool, we don't have the AC turned on yet at the office so I'm using a small fan in my office. Think I might install the main and rod bearings in my engine tonight as I now have the lube for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts