Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall
I have a few questions on SAS my bronco, my idea is to go up 6 inches in 375\65\16 (36x15.50r16) and id like to know is a SAS would be worth the time and money? I dont do any extreme offroading, AKA no rock crawling or mudding with a big block. My truck is my daily and weekend trail rig so would a ttb with a high quality lift suffice? Thanks for the info!

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,814 Posts
get real good at replacing bearings, tierods and bushings, those tires are really wide and will do a number on the TTB. going with an SAS will minimize some of that wear but understand that is a very wide tire. going to 1 ton's might be a great life saver here as well.

im running 13.50's now and its a noticeable difference over the 12.50's i previously had.

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, that makes sense. how bad are 13.50s? that was my next option was 35x13.50.

·
Super Moderator
14,888 Posts
I run 37x14.50's on my Bronco with SAS and those are wide at full turn they rub..

Is the SAS worth it for you? That's really a personal question..Sure the SAS is cool and you don't have to worry as much about alignments (actually not at all)...aside from that the ride is quite a bit more harsh and you "feel" the road..that may not be an issue for you..then there is the cost aspect and getting it sorted out and dialed in. I've posted up many times before that the TTB is good for what 95% of most folks do for offroading..If you're daily driving and just weekend wheeling, stick with the TTB..

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,814 Posts
I wheel in the snow a bunch so for me the wider tire was a huge help. I do have my steering stops adjusted to keep the tires off the radius arms. that being said i feel every groove and rut in the hwy now. there is for sure more biting surface.
I agree with Jermil01 about the TTB. I am still running mine with an aussie locker up front and it has indeed held up really well aside from the occasional axle shaft breakage. I only put about 1000 miles on my rig a year so frankly its not that big of a deal.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,239 Posts
I ran 35x15.50 claws when mine was my daily driver on the TTB, I found it to be more the sufficient for wheeling and still streetable so I'm with Jermil01 and Travis on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts