Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gathering info for SAS as I am trying to decide if I should do an SAS or not. This is also going to be affected by whether I decide to put in a diesel ( thinking 4BT, looking for info about high steer, and about diesel swaps in general.
Thanks for all the time and info in advance,
Larry

·
Registered
805 Posts
Are you talking legit high steer? Or just putting the tie rod on top of the knuckle? Real high steer could cause an issue with getting your drag link angle to make the track bar angle.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I whent with ruff stuff's DOM tie rod and trac bar kit with heims. I looked into high steer when I was doing my 44 swap but im pretty sure I didn't do it because there was going to be clearance issues.

there dom kits are very heavy duty you would have to really hit something hard to mess them up and if you are hitting stuff that hard with a 44 its probly gunna break other stuff anyways too. just my 2 cents they do a lot of 20% off sales and there kits shipped for $20 when I bought mine

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and for taking the time to answer. I do need to learn more and this is a big help to me. And I am finding out more every day, so again thank you all.
Larry

·
Registered
518 Posts
And i would skip the 4bt for a 12 valve cummins.The 4bt rattles more and around me the 4bt goes for 2k for something that might not even start.While i can get a running 12 valve for the same 2k or so.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I would do double shear high steering on a fullsize. Your putting a lot of stress on the knuckle with the weights of our trucks. Just bolting the arm to the knuckle isn't quite enough in my opinion. At least weld it, a guy I meet sheared his passenger high steer arm off just runnin 33's in an SAS F-250. He welded the replacement setup and it was holding up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know, thank you very much. I will keep those things in mind, and I am grateful for your time and the information.
Larry

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for all your help, very good to have people who are willing to share info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts