Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 5.0L
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
One thing I never noticed before, do all bricknose's have 2 armrest?
This is the only Bronco that I've owned so I don't know. It does make me feel like I'm sitting in a throne on long trips, very comfortable because both arms move with the seat position instead of the armrest on the doors.

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
339 Posts
Bring a trailer broncos go for lots of money. I think you made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
That's what I've been struggling with. I have someone that could possibly drive it up (Arkansas to New Hampshire) and I'd pay expenses, but it would be more convenient to sell it. I could also try to sell this 'southern truck' while I'm in New England.

I'm leaning toward a reserve, and if it doesn't sell, I'll arrange to take it with me. I don't think I'm going to have a problem selling it for my reserve, but I don't want to list it at "no reserve" and end up giving it away. A crystal ball would be nice!
Did you figure out how much it would cost to bring to NH?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Did you figure out how much it would cost to bring to NH?
If I need to take it with me, I haven’t decided if I’ll drive it and put my car on a car hauler behind the uhaul truck, or the other way around. Either way, the hauler is $228 plus fuel for which ever one’s being driven. If it sells, I’ll just tow my car.

·
Registered
521 Posts
How much is the reserve?

As a buyer, I often can't help but think a seller is indecisive, gun shy about selling, or somehow "gaming" the sale by avoiding stating a hard price.

sort of like whan you go to a car dealership and nothing in the lot has a price on it.

As a seller, I understand there are some situations where a little ambiguity in pricing is sometimes appropriate.

YMMV. That's a beautiful truck, and I hope you get what you need for it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I used to sell a lot on E-Bay and my experience is that listings with no reserve is that the no reserve listings almost always generated more bids but that did not equate to a higher sale price at that end. With a site like BaT there is little risk that your truck would be given away but I think you did the right thing inserting the reserve.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
How much is the reserve?

As a buyer, I often can't help but think a seller is indecisive, gun shy about selling, or somehow "gaming" the sale by avoiding stating a hard price.

sort of like whan you go to a car dealership and nothing in the lot has a price on it.

As a seller, I understand there are some situations where a little ambiguity in pricing is sometimes appropriate.

YMMV. That's a beautiful truck, and I hope you get what you need for it.
Thank you for posting the question, this is the type of discussion I was playing over in my head when I had to make a decision. I agree with what you’re saying. I’m a seller in this case and the concern is: if the reserve is disclosed, and it’s too low, then potential bidders may be hesitant to bid because they may think the item for sale may not be worth it, once the reserve’s met. If it’s too high, then they won’t monitor the sale and may not bid.
This can apply to my Bronco, but also cars, bikes, boats, etc.
this is the first time using BAT, but I like that they don’t disclose the reserve amount or when it’s been met.
I’m just intrigued by the psychology/human behavior that goes into everything surrounding reserve/no reserve, how much of a reserve, etc.

·
Registered
521 Posts
>>if the reserve is disclosed, and it’s too low, then potential bidders may be hesitant to bid because they may think the item for sale may not be worth it, once the reserve’s met. <<<
Understood. I think with proper description (photos) and documentation this is probably the easiest buyer objection to overcome. (Too good of a deal)

No reserve will encourage more (insincere/curious/let's see what happens bids) type of bidding activity, no doubt. Probably twice as many bids, usually in nickel and dime increments rather than solid, round, confident numbers. Might sell, it might not.

Potential of unknown reserve tilting in your favor depends most on what else is similarly available (with a hard price) at the same time.

But of course BAT wants you to sell it without a reserve. They run a website. It's more traffic. Between this and the selective screening of vehicles before listing - there's no risk. They can't lose.

If I were holding cash ready to buy another Ford; no reserve price would put this truck last in line for me (In order of interest/sincerity).

There's only one reason a vehicle doesn't sell.......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Understood. I think with proper description (photos) and documentation this is probably the easiest buyer objection to overcome. (Too good of a deal)

No reserve will encourage more (insincere/curious/let's see what happens bids) type of bidding activity, no doubt. Probably twice as many bids, usually in nickel and dime increments rather than solid, round, confident numbers. Might sell, it might not.

Potential of unknown reserve tilting in your favor depends most on what else is similarly available (with a hard price) at the same time.

But of course BAT wants you to sell it without a reserve. They run a website. It's more traffic. Between this and the selective screening of vehicles before listing - there's no risk. They can't lose.

If I were holding cash ready to buy another Ford; no reserve price would put this truck last in line for me (In order of interest/sincerity).

There's only one reason a vehicle doesn't sell.......
Fair enough. 👍

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,366 Posts
I love NH, spent a good amount of time in Portsmouth years ago. Good luck there.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I love NH, spent a good amount of time in Portsmouth years ago. Good luck there.
I worked at the shipyard for a few years. Those were some good times being close to Hampton Beach and New England Dragway. I bought my 92 in Hampton Falls NH.

But I'm still within driving distance to NH if ewilliams2427 brings that sweet ride up north with him. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you. I’m from AR, but I lived there for 15 yrs. a few years back
I worked at the shipyard for a few years. Those were some good times being close to Hampton Beach and New England Dragway. I bought my 92 in Hampton Falls NH.

But I'm still within driving distance to NH if ewilliams2427 brings that sweet ride up north with him. :D
Whether I do or don't, It would be good to meet you. I'm not sure how to exchange contact information though.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts