Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts
Does BAT work like Ebay? if so then set a reserve for what you want for it or set the starting bid for what you want for it, if you choose the later then you can use "NO RESERVE" as a attention getter.
Of course BAT recommends no reserve, they want it to sell no matter what so they can collect a fee

Does BAT work like Ebay? if so then set a reserve for what you want for it or set the starting bid for what you want for it, if you choose the later then you can use "NO RESERVE" as a attention getter.
Of course BAT recommends no reserve, they want it to sell no matter what so they can collect a fee

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Good question🤔. I don’t know if the auctions start at $0.00 or if BAT picks an opening value. I didn’t read anything about that in their documentation.

yes, I pay $99 to list and buyers pay 5% to BAT. So it makes sense for them to encourage ‘no reserve.’

You ever post a link? I didn’t see one.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
How much is the reserve?

As a buyer, I often can't help but think a seller is indecisive, gun shy about selling, or somehow "gaming" the sale by avoiding stating a hard price.

sort of like whan you go to a car dealership and nothing in the lot has a price on it.

As a seller, I understand there are some situations where a little ambiguity in pricing is sometimes appropriate.

YMMV. That's a beautiful truck, and I hope you get what you need for it.
Thank you for the comments. That's why I posted this question. it's nice to see hear the opinions of others. I've sold very few vehicles.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Is it an acceptable outcome, in your situation, if the truck doesn't sell?

If you'd rather keep the truck than sell it for "not enough" money, then have a reserve. Otherwise, don't.
I don't see that I responded to your comment, sorry for the delay. I agree with you. I set the reserve for the lowest amount that I'd sell it for, but hoping for more, obviously. If it doesn't sell, I'm very happy to keep it. But I'm on the same page as you are.

I'm leaning toward that strategy. Thank you for validating it!
Could be just a fluky week and you get killed on it, then have no recourse.
Looks way too nice and should bring enough not to chance it.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Could be just a fluky week and you get killed on it, then have no recourse.
Looks way too nice and should bring enough not to chance it.
I agree, and that’s one of the risks with an auction. That’s one of the reasons I ended up putting a reserve on it.

Thank you for the compliment.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Thank you! I have a week of nervousness ahead of me.
I can imagine. If I ever sold my truck, I'd try a site like BaT to get the largest audience I could, but I always have it in my mind that I think it's worth more than I'd really ever get out of it and it would be a bummer to not realize my expectations. Your Bronco is worlds apart from my truck though when it comes to its condition and the current market for it.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Lot of those comments are normal for the age fyi.
Thank you. I've been as transparent and honest as I can be. I know that there are people who live to rain on someone else's parade and I'm waiting on them to come out of the woodwork today or tomorrow. I'm 100% okay with the comments that make sure that the buyer knows what they're getting, like the comment about the pinstriping. I had no idea that Ford painted them on the broncos. The last thing I want is a buyer who thinks I misrepresented the truck. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thank you. I've been as transparent and honest as I can be. I know that there are people who live to rain on someone else's parade and I'm waiting on them to come out of the woodwork today or tomorrow. I'm 100% okay with the comments that make sure that the buyer knows what they're getting, like the comment about the pinstriping. I had no idea that Ford painted them on the broncos. The last thing I want is a buyer who thinks I misrepresented the truck. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Guy who commented on that is the one who used to sell the low mile broncos on ebay for $20-40k. Not sure if he still does it or not.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.