Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
156 Posts
Guy who commented on that is the one who used to sell the low mile broncos on ebay for $20-40k. Not sure if he still does it or not.
There is a guy in Irving who sells Broncos, 7.3's, Grand Wagoneers, older Tahoes, etc. He seems to sell quite a few. As his interiors always look nice, I emailed him twice asking him a general question regarding whom he uses. I was up front stating, I am in the process of working on one for myself. I guess since I wasn't interested in buying a car, he chose to ignore me, both times. It probably shouldnt, but that rubbed me the wrong way.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
156 Posts
Thank you. I've been as transparent and honest as I can be. I know that there are people who live to rain on someone else's parade and I'm waiting on them to come out of the woodwork today or tomorrow. I'm 100% okay with the comments that make sure that the buyer knows what they're getting, like the comment about the pinstriping. I had no idea that Ford painted them on the broncos. The last thing I want is a buyer who thinks I misrepresented the truck. I guess we'll see how it goes.
I wish all people who auctioned off cars were as transparent as you. I will say this, not many people would acknowledge the steering wheel play, much less diagnose it and pay to have it repaired on a no reserve sell. That says a lot about your character.

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 5.0L
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Guy who commented on that is the one who used to sell the low mile broncos on ebay for $20-40k. Not sure if he still does it or not.
If it’s the one I was thinking about, I read some of his comments on other Broncos and he seems pretty knowledgeable.
There is a guy in Irving who sells Broncos, 7.3's, Grand Wagoneers, older Tahoes, etc. He seems to sell quite a few. As his interiors always look nice, I emailed him twice asking him a general question regarding whom he uses. I was up front stating, I am in the process of working on one for myself. I guess since I wasn't interested in buying a car, he chose to ignore me, both times. It probably shouldnt, but that rubbed me the wrong way.
no one wants to be ignored. I would have appreciated a response, even if it’s to say they can’t help me for some reason.
I figured it would be a bit higher by now. But, I know these normally go up a lot towards the end of the auction. I am envious of whomever buys it.
I appreciate that. Yes, looking at other Broncos, they were much higher at this point. I’m disappointed too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I wish all people who auctioned off cars were as transparent as you. I will say this, not many people would acknowledge the steering wheel play, much less diagnose it and pay to have it repaired on a no reserve sell. That says a lot about your character.
Thank you. I’d rather someone be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,359 Posts
I know it's not currently at a super high price on BaT, but it has gone up over a grand in the last 4 hours with another 20+ hours to go. I'm sure as the clock gets closer to finishing out there will be a bit more of a "battle" between bidders, so to speak. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it over the course of the night since I work graves and it'll keep me "entertained" between work duties. lol. I'm really rooting for you, though! I've been looking at past Bronco auctions on BaT and the sky really is the limit on them it seems, stock or modified.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I know it's not currently at a super high price on BaT, but it has gone up over a grand in the last 4 hours with another 20+ hours to go. I'm sure as the clock gets closer to finishing out there will be a bit more of a "battle" between bidders, so to speak. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it over the course of the night since I work graves and it'll keep me "entertained" between work duties. lol. I'm really rooting for you, though! I've been looking at past Bronco auctions on BaT and the sky really is the limit on them it seems, stock or modified.
I really appreciate it! DING! another bid just came in 😂. I’m feeling a little better. It really is a good truck. I hope you have plenty of entertainment tonight!

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,359 Posts
Maybe you should pop a balloon every time a bid comes in like one of those old PBS telethons. I don't know if they still do those, but I remember seeing them as a kid on tv. lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Maybe you should pop a balloon every time a bid comes in like one of those old PBS telethons. I don't know if they still do those, but I remember seeing them as a kid on tv. lol
Ha! I wonder how many balloons I’d need? I’m generally not superstitious
HA! Too funny. I’m normally not superstitious but I’m afraid I’d put up a dozen balloons and the bidding would stop! I have no clue what will happen. Like you, I’ve researched these and they’re all over the place. For fun, what’s your prediction?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Ha! I wonder how many balloons I’d need? I’m generally not superstitious

HA! Too funny. I’m normally not superstitious but I’m afraid I’d put up a dozen balloons and the bidding would stop! I have no clue what will happen. Like you, I’ve researched these and they’re all over the place. For fun, what’s your prediction?
Oh man, talk about jinxing things. If there's at least one other guy willing to bid continuously against the current bidder, then I'll say at least 16k. I'm looking at his bids on past auctions he's won and the guy clearly has some money. He last bid 16k on a Bronco in August that he didn't win on and it went for $22,250. Maybe he won't want to lose on this one. Man, I've been researching this too much. lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Oh man, talk about jinxing things. If there's at least one other guy willing to bid continuously against the current bidder, then I'll say at least 16k. I'm looking at his bids on past auctions he's won and the guy clearly has some money. He last bid 16k on a Bronco in August that he didn't win on and it went for $22,250. Maybe he won't want to lose on this one. Man, I've been researching this too much. lol.
I guess we’ll see…. I appreciate the good vibes tonight. I’m headed in for the night. Hope you have a great shift with lots of entertainment.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
156 Posts
It is at 13k now. I'm guessing 17,500 for an ending px. I am not an interested party to this, and I keep refreshing to see where it's at. I cant imagine being the seller.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
It is at 13k now. I'm guessing 17,500 for an ending px. I am not an interested party to this, and I keep refreshing to see where it's at. I cant imagine being the seller.
I can tell you what it’s like… nervous! With no reserve, I was worried that it would go for pennies.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,087 Posts
Looks like you might have a bit of a bidding war there at the end...It's creeping up..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Congrats. Hopefully the reserve you had in your head was hit.
Yes, it did. I had a conservative 10k in my head. I felt that it was worth more, but that was the absolute minimum. I heard everthing from 12-27 so this fell right in the middle. I'm going to miss this community. You're a great group!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Wow $20250!! I valued it at $14-14999 by previous ebay listings. Not bad win!!
I think I can give a good endorsement to BaT. They seemed professional all the way and even put a rush on this so that I can have plenty of time to make the transaction before moving on the 28th. I'd do business with them again.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts