Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
carbs are cool.... till you get to a hill :toothless

T

·
0 Posts
The thing about EFI just like anything else, you only hear the problems, There are probably 100 near trouble free EFI's for every problem one you hear read about.
I know "trouble free EFI" I just about can't type it without laughing.

But people don't just pop in and say, Hey!, my EFI is working great.
Working under your theory, I would never buy a bronco, look at all the problems.
I know what your thinking though I think the exact same thing about some other boards I go to.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, i'm not trying to be mean here so calm down. I'm just asking, if it's just me or has anyone else noticed this? I don't just mean Broncos on this board, either. Efi'd rigs of many kinds just seem to be going poop recently and maybe it IS just me noticing.
efi guys are sensitive.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey my EFI is working great :chili: :chili: But my fawking elecronic transmission has decided to :uke: Luckily 84Excursion hooked me up this weekend with a new tranny :deal Time to get to wrenchin I guess. :rockon

T

·
0 Posts
I can't stand EFI myself, That's why I drive a diesel.
In all fairness, you get many more consistant miles with the EFI as opposed to a Carb.

Fuel mileage improvements alone should be enough to motivate you to run the EFI.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
pu$$y's you can only drive a efi'd because you are soo young you do not know what a carb is

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yum carb. pumping the pedal to set the choke. gotta let it warm up alittle before driving or choke can come off. and mine does fine on hills. ive been on some steep hills and she never stalled. a carb will run at angles as long as you dont try to idle. idleing kills it.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Berne said:
WERD UP Jim.....

my carb seems to do me JUST FINE.....
may not be EFI, but will idle with the truck sittin' on the door, and that's about far enough....

--Berne
Ya know, you're right. It did run REALLY well in Leadville

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
i love carbs too but not when they are controlled by a computer, my damn carb keeps setting back the pocket book because of the sensors having a prob and isn't allowing me time to work on my 351....i think it is jealous ;)

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
85f150 said:
i love carbs too but not when they are controlled by a computer, my damn carb keeps setting back the pocket book because of the sensors having a prob and isn't allowing me time to work on my 351....i think it is jealous ;)
If I had to have all the sensors for emissions (E) I would definitely convert to FI...Since the E seems to be the troubles.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts