Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i managed to blow another headlamp switch, i had the doors open for bout 45mins-1hr working on it. and now the interior lights wont shut off. and they shut off if i removed the head lamp switch. so im gonna pull that a 100% tomorrow and look it over.

but is it common that if i have the doors open for quite a while (like an hr) wille the switch start to malfuntion again? i have another switch im putting in it tomorrow.

j/c if that could cause it

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That headlight switch is a well known weak point.....I always have one known good one on the parts shelf. I can tell when they are starting to go....if you wiggle it around a bit it cause the dash lights to flicker.
IIRC its the ceramic disk in the switch that fails.....but I am not 100% on that.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got another good one in a truck im gonna pull it this afternoon

will leaving the doors open longer than normal cause this to happen?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P.O.S. Dome Lamps.....

I removed the head lamp switch, and the fckers are still on damn it. soem one told me about the swithes on the door for the trigger to turn them on

·
Registered
961 Posts
i have a question about the little lights on the side of the dome light. i just replaced the bulbs and they still don't work. Do i have to take one from a friends truck when he is not looking or what?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine take for ever to turn on for some reason. damn school i want to work on my bko its really nice out right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had my headlight switch meltdown on my way back from Nevada AT NIGHT! It would go on and off, as it heated up and then cooled off. I have since installed a headlight bypass (basically running very minimal current through the switch in the cab and powering the headlights right from the battery. I run my off-road lights the same way. This is basically what those fancy wiring harnesses from Hella and other companies are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.