Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Is it ok to not upgrade the bar at your wedding?

• Yes its ok

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • No you must upgrade the bar

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Your being cheap- upgrade it you baby

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Pass another beer, i dont care as long as i'm not paying

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my fiance and i have been planning our wedding and with money tight we cant really afford the extras.... heres my question. Is not getting the upgraded bar a big no no :smilie_slap , or does no one actually care what kinda of liquor there is as long as its open bar :beer ?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
It's your wedding, do what you can afford.

Is it your first wedding?

When I got married the second time we had punch and cake and no booze, but a normal ceremony. We did spring for dinner and drinks at a local steakhouse for some of the party before we left for the honey moon. We left from there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As long as it's an open bar you are fine.

I've been to a couple of weddings where it was a narrow choice of alcohol, but people had fun anyways.

It's your day, well, yours and hers. If you guys want to invest that money into a different part of the experience, go for it.

Bottom line is the day belongs to you and your fiance. If your friends/family are too self centered to realize that they are there to support you, and not the other way around, feel free to invite them to pick up the tab.

As stressful as this day can be, you don't want to have to cater to a bunch of whiney "I want mine and don't care if you get yours" type of people.

Like I said, as long as it's an open bar, only self centered snobs will complain.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Booze at a wedding? are you liable ?? are you liable if the other guy has a GREAT lawyer ?.... I said a great lawyer, yes you are. If there is going to be booze at a wedding make them pay-

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
At my wedding we had an open bar for the 1st Hour after that, the guests bought their own. We didn't have any complaints, even from the drinkers in the family.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they include two types of beer and multiple liqours, just not the good stuff, in the wedding package. its open bar the whole time. i doubt anyone would care.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Booze at a wedding? are you liable ?? are you liable if the other guy has a GREAT lawyer ?.... I said a great lawyer, yes you are. If there is going to be booze at a wedding make them pay-
for 200$ we bought an insurance policy for 24 hours covers anything that happen at, during, near, after or because of the wedding.... 1 million dollar policy so i dont thing its a problem

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Do what you want.. If they don't like it, then it shows you wasted money on their food as well..

·
Registered
805 Posts
all of my friends have had BYOB weddings. Some people bring multiple bottles, some show up with kegs, some show up with a 6pack. And if anyone ever complained, the rest of the wedding couples ACTUAL friends, always take care of the complaining person(s) for them.

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
i voted pass me another beer, i don't care, i ain't payin

I mean really, if your not paying, who are you to complain about it. If someone does complain. Tell 'em to go to the liquor store and buy it themselves.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
what if someone hits a bus full of nunns {that's god's wifes you know} that are on their way to plant trees with illegal ailiens in california.... that is gonna cost more than a million...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what if someone hits a bus full of nunns {that's god's wifes you know} that are on their way to plant trees with illegal ailiens in california.... that is gonna cost more than a million...
if that happens then i will mail the 1000000 check to your house!

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
can't go wrong with a keg
That's what Tina and I did

but.....
We got married at home, & it was a cookout with wedding attached. Had the cookout part catered & had a great time.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I recently went to a wedding where all they had was beer and wine. All the beer was home made by the brides father. It was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
buy a keg of good beer, and leave the bar to the people who want to buy it.

·
Heavy and slow fun
1,152 Posts
Dont go broke trying to impress people.Your wedding is for you and your wife.Dont lose sight of that. I had my wedding in Vegas and invited people to come but told them i was not paying for them. To my surprise,25 or so people showed up!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts