Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings people, I am proud to have a full size 1981 Ford Bronco. 37x14x15 irok tyres installed today - woot. :rockon

Worked 351Cleveland, 5" rear lift, 4" front, procomp kit. 1" body lift.

Anyhow, I am presented with an opporutinty to purchase a solid f100 front axle with 4.56 grears and auto locker with new hubs.

In reading these forums and looking under the truck, it doesnt seem that hard to fit out.

Am i wrong in thinking the challenge is merely mount the new axle to the radius arms and creating / mounting a bracket for the track bar? can it be this simple??

Thanks all.
 

·
Cadillac of Men
Joined
·
3,787 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
if you want to do a half ass job it is that simple.

how would you do it with your full ass? that is basically all there is to it.


just watch your caster angles, dont tip the axle too far foward.
 

·
Crusher Mike
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Aussie Bronco said:
Am i wrong in thinking the challenge is merely mount the new axle to the radius arms and creating / mounting a bracket for the track bar? can it be this simple??
how would you do it with your full ass? that is basically all there is to it.


just watch your caster angles, dont tip the axle too far foward.

let me re -phrase
if you eliminate measuring, cutting (if necissary) Caster angle, coil mounting, fab work, Rbuilding the axel (if necissary) new bushings, new joints new misc parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,563 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
let me re -phrase
if you eliminate measuring, cutting (if necissary) Caster angle, coil mounting, fab work, Rbuilding the axel (if necissary) new bushings, new joints new misc parts.
Those things are still not hard....its not rocket science...a little reading and it can be done...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Aussie Bronco said:
Greetings people, I am proud to have a full size 1981 Ford Bronco. 37x14x15 irok tyres installed today - woot. :rockon

I am presented with an opporutinty to purchase a solid f100 front axle with 4.56 grears and auto locker with new hubs.
I guess that axle is a balljoint Dana 44. It might be a little small if you like the skinny pedal spinning those 37".
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top