Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My 89' bornco with the 302 engin, gives me 9MPG. Does she take too much gas? Or is it the normal milege?
second, I got a reading of 5.0 voltage from my TPS unit. I checked it becuase she doesn't idle steady. According to the haynes guide I'm suppose to change it becuase it means that the throttlle is always open. does anyone has any experience with this?

third problem is. I have aftermarket seats by flexsteel. the passenger seat does not stay up. I took itoff thecar and it has something to do with the inner gears with the recling mechanism. Please help.... anyone knows where can I get some spare parts for that or how to fix it?
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you tried cleaning your IAC to see if that helps it idle better? Also, you might try running some Seafoam through it. Mine would not idle at all. I mean, you HAD to keep your foot on the gas until the engine warmed up. Once I did both of those, it idles like a clock now.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Is it idling eratically or too high? If not, I wouldn't waist my money on a TPS. Do you give it a regular tune up and oil change? Do you have a lead foot?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Need4racin said:
What size tires are you running? i think 89-90 had lower gearing for fuel economy, some other people might know more about that than I do.
you mean higher gearing, lower gearing eats more gas.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Plugs, wires, distributer cap + button.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts