Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I need an outside opinion. We were out riding around looking for used cars for my girlfriend and I saw a Bronco parked in someones yard. I stopped and asked if it was for sale and the owner told me yes, he'd take $1500 for it. It's a 95 Eddie Bauer, blue and tan with tan interior, 5.0, AODE. The windshield is cracked bad enough it won't pass inspection, the front seats are trashed, the drivers side step rail is missing and it has some rust in the rear wheelwells. Other than that, it runs and drives ok and all the power options seem to work. Just want outside opinions before I buy an Eddie Bauer to sit next to my 88 XLT.:toothless

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you feel it is a good deal go for it, I don't know what your experience is with buying used trucks but after awhile you develop a sixth sense on these things.

If the suspension & chassis is in good working order thats a head start. Ball joints, tie rods, shackles, springs ect can eat you up real quick because it is $200-800 here & there. I personally can not buy a truck if the interior is so bad I won't let my wife look at it. Carpet & seats can start running up the tab by thousands depending on how nice you want it, you can do a carpet & fabric seat interior for a grand. But if you need to replace interior panels that is more money to spend.

5.0 & AOD are a dime a dozen & you can always pick them from a salvage yard cheaply.

The rust is something you really need to look at, how much rust is exposed? because there will be about 20% more under the paint that also needs to be addressed.
How are the floor boards from & back.

If your looking for a "Toy" & have the extra cash to throw around and arenot looking for a good looking driver then you can go and spend what ever you want on a truck.

I would say if it has a solid drive train & the suspension/chassis is in working order go for it, but double check the rust under the truck (frame, floorboards).
Offer him $1000 cash in hand, when all negotiation ends try to walk away with the truck for $1250.00

But remember you have to be comfortable with your purchase, I just put up a post about chasing the golden goose, give it a read if you want. It just goes through the whole buying something you want, that isn't what it seems & knowing when to walk away.

Good luck, if yo do buy it don't forget to throw some pics up here for us to see.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
I agree offer him 1k in cash if you want it and simply tell him it's all you got for it period. How many miles? You know it's a project and count on a few more g's leaving your pocket over the next few years.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Unless some one swapped in the AOD then it should be an E4OD. It is need a trans that will cost more than the Bronco its self.;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
WOW !! Lots of good advice..............read twice. LOL

Also never expect to make this DD for that kinda coin. its cheap for a reason.

When I bought mine I knew i needed $1000 est in body seals just to make it rain/warm in the winter.

So IMOP I bought mine for the options from factory and rust free body, not for a DD.

Just saying............

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
As long as the trans shifts fine, it'd be a pretty good deal. You don't want to have to rebuild that E4OD....many, many pesos.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
If it's parked in a yard, look at the under carriage real good. Parking on grass tends to rust things out faster.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input. this one won't be the daily driver, for now at least. the 88 Bronc does fine for going to work and road trips. if I buy it, eventually it will be the daily driver and the 88 can get the stroked Windsor and the manual valve body AOD......or a Powerstroke if I can find a cheap donor truck:goodfinge

I did find a 92 F-350 dually with a 7.3 Navistar for $800......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts