Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've done my searching, searched for "bumper", "bumper fall", "bumper fell" etc, with no luck. Here's the problem:

I glanced at my truck just a few minutes ago out the window and noticed that huge gap between the bumper and body on the drivers side. It looked larger than it had previously been, so I went to go take a look.
From the ground to each side of the bumper is around 18.5 inches..but I measured from the ground to the hood (near the headlight) and it was roughly 48.5 inches on the drivers side, and 47 inches on the passengers side :shocked

Does this mean my truck's passenger side is falling in (or that my driver's side is magically floating)? The bumper is level (pretty much) with the ground, but the body itself is around 1.5" off on one side :doh0715:
Anyone else having this problem? Do I just have to replace my body mount brushings or what? I'm not sure...it just makes the truck look weird.

Also, on another completely-unrelated topic, is it bad when sometimes my transmission shifts so hard into second when I'm flooring the skinny pedal, that I get "second-gear scratch" (wheels squeel just a little bit)? Sometimes it doesn't do it, but other times it will. :wacko

·
Registered
610 Posts
check your mounts for the bumper etc. make sure they are bolted in tight. then check your body mounts etc. you might have busted one if its an all of a sudden change. as for the jumping to second, if it was "bad" for it it wouldn't do it... but the harder you run something the faster it could brake...

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I tugged on the bumper, and looked at the mounts, they all seem fine. The brushings LOOK fine, but honestly I don't know what I'm looking at.

Edit: This wasn't sudden, it's been like this for a while, it just looks even more off now :brownbag

·
Registered
610 Posts
bumper mounts could be messed up...maybe someone bumped something...find another 95 to compare it to....or if it bothers you that much, cover the truck with enough mud to where you dont notice...

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
yep... search for "core support" and then check your own.... and have another look at the body mounts and rubber spacers

my bros is rusted out and allows it to do something similar
(it usually sits level)

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Core suport shouldnt be rusted out on a texas truck.

Alighn the bumper with the body (It's adjustable).

You can either stop there or continue on to make the truck sit level.

My Bronco sits about 1/2" low on the pass side.
If it continues to sit that way after the new engine is instaled I will level it by raising the pass side (Front and back)

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bumper mounts are adjustable? Do you mean "from the factory" adjustable or "make it adjust" adjustable?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
mine doesn't sit level either. than you salt. the root of all evil soncond only to front wheel drive. but that might be changing. mine is about 1in to 1.5in off. don't remember which way. the previous ouner hit somethign with the front as the bumper is dented and there are nuts spacing it out only on that side. also my core support is more air than metal around the mount to the frame.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
yeah, definately check the bumper, I had the same problem on my 90. turns out when the fron bumper was pulled, the guy who owned it before me did not tighen things enough on the driver's side, hence a sag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts