Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.paylessusedcarswayne.com/..._252486637.veh

you can see this 1995 XLT has quite a bit of rust on the wheel well and rear area. Im sure I could get the price done a few hundred more for that and if the rear window doesnt roll down(if this is that model) My question is would this be expensive to fix the rust damage?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,094 Posts
Love the rims on that.

For our state, that's not too terrible. Probably can talk him down a little more.

I was checking that truck out a couple weeks ago online.

I would check the front end out real good as well as the leaf spring shackles before making a decision.

·
Registered
140 Posts
idk id steer clear of it in order to fix the rust on the wheel well u will have to cut it out its rusted through, unless u have to time and money to do so, I know my uncle does all this type of work and he would charge me 2k to fix it and repaint it just for the wheel wells, but then again he is probably the best body man their is on fords and probably the best in washington

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,094 Posts
It looks like one of the wheels does not match the other 3??

The other is in the back of the truck. Looks to have 4 matching rims, just not on the truck.

idk id steer clear of it in order to fix the rust on the wheel well u will have to cut it out its rusted through, unless u have to time and money to do so, I know my uncle does all this type of work and he would charge me 2k to fix it and repaint it just for the wheel wells, but then again he is probably the best body man their is on fords and probably the best in washington
Here, in Michigan, that's not a bad price for the amount of rust. And it's even harder to find one without :thumbup

·
Registered
140 Posts
not to mention to get super pick on it has dents and dings all over u have a bent bumper mount on the left side probably got slammed on or high centered on the other side tailgate u would be better off replacing it with one compared of repair bill of another 1800 to 2500 depends on how bad it really is plus new seals for your back window to prevent water from leaking in it have to remember how much effort goes into replacing them they cant be un bolted and replaced it has to be cut evenly have sheet metal welded in place sanded and primered bent to look like its the OE fender wells or take it to some chop shop have them do it half asked and fiber glass it but dependend on how far back the rust really is the 2 inch strip could turn into a 6 inch strip too much effort not worth it

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rust is crazy expensive to fix. Unless you plan to go ahead and drive it rusty like it is, I'd skip it.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
you definitely don't want a rust belt bronco, I live a half hr away from that one and I bought one that came form California
not a lick of rust anywhere

pay a bit more and get one with no rust,you will be thousands of dollars ahead right off the start

rust is like an iceburg,its what you cant see that will kill you

·
Registered
217 Posts
Two of the lug bolts on the spare tire carrier appear to be AWOL.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Rust depends on location. Here in Florida that truck would be parts. You can find rust free Broncos around here all day long.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,186 Posts
with that amount of rust I'd be worried what the core support and body mounts look like..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you definitely don't want a rust belt bronco, I live a half hr away from that one and I bought one that came form California
not a lick of rust anywhere

pay a bit more and get one with no rust,you will be thousands of dollars ahead right off the start

rust is like an iceburg,its what you cant see that will kill you
When you say pay a bit more...like the 3-5K range?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts