Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well the extra shock ("Quad shocks") are for one road handling and off road performance. To eliminate the mount you will have to get another coil tower with a single shock.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
the one that has the bolt on it for the lower part of the shock? it acts as a spacer between the arm and the ttb beam. so you have to put something there in its place if you eliminate it. like a very large washer.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One large washer coming right up. I should only need one for the topside right? Cant see a need for one on the bottom since the radius arm mounts to the ttb first then the mount. I only have a single shock tower but the mount is there for some reason.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i think all broncos came with the same ttb, guess just not the same coil cup. and you should only have to put them in the top, as long as you dont think the bottom bolt will come in contact with the axle. i dont think so.

heres a pic of some of the washers i took out of a jy bronco a while back. these are basically what youd need.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a few laying around that should be large enough. Although mine is a bronco now, the title still reads quadcab f150. Dont know why they would put the mount on the bottom without the duel tower. Ive have sean a similar bracket before without the shock mount. Im only looking to get rid of it because its an eyesore to me, im a simplist.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agh hell Dont realy need the tag. im getting a set of c&t beams shortly n swaping the pumpkin for a 3.73 one. Might as well do the d50 outer right of way while im at it. So in just a short time the build info will be incorrect anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts